Let's talk about security cameras / systems - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > General RV Related Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-09-2016, 08:32 PM   #21

Texas
I think I'm going to grab a new 17 model now. I couldn't come up with a valid excuse myself.

This forum is a goldmine!

2003 Ram 2500 Cummins (can't kill this beast)
snakebitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 02:48 AM   #22

Colorado
The wired cameras don't require much at all. The wiring is really a cable that runs from the camera to the screen. You just have to connect the harness, one time, to the truck battery.

I'm moving to the wired cameras as it seems my truck, with Highway Products aluminum tool bed is just too much interference and I never get a good picture when I need one.

Not difficult at all.

Pirate

Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 12:58 AM   #23

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakebitten View Post
I think I'm going to grab a new 17 model now. I couldn't come up with a valid excuse myself.

This forum is a goldmine!
Snake...... I couldn't believe my wife's boss got a '17 F-350 yesterday. The camera system is awsome. But the relly cool part is my wife loved it and she came home from work and her first words were "don't you think you need a new truck?" Holy Cow, That ain't my wife talking like that!
The problem solver: 2017 Tiffin Breeze 32BR
Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 03:04 PM   #24

Colorado
I'm looking at a TadiBrothers.com system that has hardwired cameras, split screen monitor that will show up to four cameras.

For the RV, it might be nice to be able to run the wire next to the 5th wiring plug, have a plug in there, and then hard wire to the monitor. Then everything is powered, and no loss of picture or quality due to the interference between the camera and the monitor.

I'm actually looking at it now for my Bobcat skid steer grader attachment. Mine is a Mini Might Patrol that has its own "cab" up in front of the loader. But I still can't see the corners of the blade...so I dig a trench figuring out where I am. So with two cameras, one looking at each end corner of the blade...and a 10" split screen monitor where I can see it...I can get a perfect start each pass.

Pirate

Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote