Kodiak 263RLSL how to light the pilot light in oven - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > General RV Related Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-23-2013, 12:19 AM   #1

North Carolina
Kodiak 263RLSL how to light the pilot light in oven

We are new with the rv camping thing and love it thus far! We have a Kodiak 263RLSL and can not figure out how to light the pilot light inside the oven. We have a manual with "instructions" but it does not really id where the pilot light is located .. any feedback or help on this would be really great.
thanks

kbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:25 AM   #2

British Columbia
Welcome kbear.....yes lighting our oven is a pain....I have to get down on my knees and with a BBQ propane hand-held lighter in one hand ...I stick my head part way in the oven....and with the BBQ lighter lit I move the lit lighter almost dead centre on the roof of the oven and wait for the pilot to light....yes I have to push the oven control knob on the stove to get gas to the pilot light. U may have to move the lighter back and forth a few times to get things going.

Haven't lost any eye brows yet..

Hope this helps

Coops

Canada
Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:38 AM   #3

Saskatchewan
Lighting the oven

Here's an excellent YouTube on lighting your oven. It's a video for an Airstream but in my experience they all start pretty much the same way.

2013 Timber Ridge, 2013 GMC Sierra 6.2 L
kayakcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:05 AM   #4

British Columbia
Kayakcrazy....great video much better than my description. A picture is worth a thousand words....a video a million words and it looks like she didn't burn her eye brows.

Coops
Canada
Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:00 PM   #5

Saskatchewan
Lighting the oven

After I sent the video, my DW and I talked about our old 5'er and how we used the oven - as a storage shelf for rarely used pots and pans. We owned that Travelaire for 25 years and hauled it all over the place but only ever used the oven once. I sure miss that old girl , they don't make them like that anymore.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:52 PM   #6

Ohio
we baked a cake in our oven last weekend hold the konb in light the wick in the back dont bow to kigdom come
kodiak 2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:39 PM   #7

Wyoming
LOL, our oven is a royal pain to light the first time out. If it has not been used for more than a couple days it a pain again. I think the bleeder (why you hold in the knob while lighting) is just a tad small on some ovens and it takes a while for the gas to move through. Just be patient, it eventually will.
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:59 PM   #8

Saskatchewan
I had an RV salesman tell me that it helps if you already have something lit in the trailer (i.e. the stove) as it gets the propane moving. I've never really tried it to see if it works. One thing I do like using is one of those BBQ lighters with the long flexible neck.

Old 04-24-2013, 09:28 PM   #9

Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayakcrazy View Post
After I sent the video, my DW and I talked about our old 5'er and how we used the oven - as a storage shelf for rarely used pots and pans. We owned that Travelaire for 25 years and hauled it all over the place but only ever used the oven once. I sure miss that old girl , they don't make them like that anymore.
Thats exactly what we use it for, storing pots and pans. I have yet to bake or cook inside the trailer. Last thing I need is the smoke alarms going off and scaring everyone in the campground...

2012 Ford F150 XLT EB SS CRW 6.5 Max Tow
'12 Dutchmen Kodiak 284BHSL
knesdad is offline   Reply With Quote