Kodiak 261RBSL TV mount - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > General RV Related Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-09-2020, 01:49 AM   #1

Texas
Kodiak 261RBSL TV mount

Hello again,

I am appreciating this forum already and hope to help someone someday. My TT did not come with a TV or bracket. It is a year old, 2019, and the owner didn't have a TV. There at 2 holes that go through to the pantry but the wall seems weak and it's hard to tell if the studs are even there. If anyone has one of these and put a TV above the fireplace, where it goes, let me know what you did.

I know this is going to be fun but it has been a challenge so far, but hey, I saved money buying used, kinda. Added the 2 6V batteries, power tongue, large custom locking storage cage on back. New tires, camera that didn't work and sent back. 3 LED lights were out and I needed an inspection as this was out state TT. Yes, three LED lights on the back top. All wiring tested. Heading to the Guadalupe river to try it out.

Thanks, Dale

Texas dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 02:46 PM   #2

Florida
We just bought the same thing and are making the same upgrades.

krog6420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 03:29 PM   #3

Texas
Did you have a TV installed or was there one installed when you bought it? We can't figure out the right bracket above the TV as I just have 2 holes. Thanks
Old 03-09-2020, 03:33 PM   #4

Florida
Same dilema

We haven't actually picked ours up yet. I was waiting to see if you got a response. What kind of power tongue jack did you get? Did you purchase the Eagle extended Service?
krog6420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 05:13 PM   #5

Texas
I bought a 2019 from the original owner. Camping World had a 100 special for 3500 lb tongue jack. Works fine. No extended service avaible for me. There were no warranty claims the 1st year and none so far from me. I'll probably have to call a dealer on the TV.
Old 03-14-2020, 09:11 PM   #6

Oregon
We have a 2020 Aspen Trail. Above the wall shelf there is a sticker saying tv mounting here. I was told at the dealership there was a 2x6 in that area for mounting: no there isn’t nor studs. I called KeyStone for advice. They say there is a “doubler” in that area, in other words a double thickness of paneling 31”x38”. I installed an aftermarket fireplace in the shelf cabinet and removed the shelf/cabinet to modify for it. The hole in the wall for cabling to the radio confirmed this as the installer was very generous with a 6” hole for a small bundle of wires. Anyway I installed my tv mount for a 43” flat screen using lag screws provided with the mount. It is sturdy and secure, we have made 4 trips with no movement or problems with the mounting! I thought about using toggle bolts for the mount but the lag screws bit well and were firm. Just don’t overtighen.
I hope this helps as I was leery also on the mounting but so far so good. With the doubler it gives you about 3/8” to 1/4” of thickness to work with?
Edwal07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 12:24 AM   #7

South Carolina
No matter what your dealer or manufacturer says.
Verify with a studfinder.
Guess why I say that ughhh
Good luck.
Old 03-15-2020, 01:36 AM   #8

Texas
Thanks for your input. It's just weird, two holes that go through to the pantry. Nothing feels secure so I was curious if anyone else had this model and issue. I've been busy working on other areas. It's time to see what I can put up.
Old 03-16-2020, 03:27 PM   #9

Florida
don't trust the sticker for the TV mount. Mine was NOT there and just had to drill a hole and hope for the best.

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kodiak tv