Keystone/Dutchmen is a Joke - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > General RV Related Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-06-2014, 01:29 PM   #1

Delaware
Keystone/Dutchmen is a Joke

I emailed Keystone/Dutchmen about the issues I have had in my Aerolite-many have been resolved, some are still outstanding (primarily the roof interior ceiling sag) and since I have redone the AC ducting myself, I consider that resolved as best that can be without taking the entire trailer apart. I noted that I have two weeks left in my warranty (this was a week ago) when I wrote them. Here is their response.
Mr. Myhre,

Thank you for contacting Keystone RV Company regarding your 2013 Aerolite 282DBHS . We value you and the information you have provided. A review of your correspondence indicates there were items that you found unsatisfactory. We apologize that you were unhappy with these components. We will make note in your file of the items that you have documented for product improvement in both design and in our manufacturing process.

Respectfully,

Dan DeLong
Keystone Owner Relations
1-866-425-4369
So nothing about making anything right, nothing about a goodwill gesture to extend my warranty, nothing about paying me for my time to redesign their AC ducts.

But the good news is that I didn't have high expectations for anything...

The only way they are going to learn anything is if their is a class action lawsuit against them for the crap they produce.

2014 Aerolite 282DBHS

myaeroliterv.com
prm99v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 01:50 PM   #2

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by prm99v6 View Post
I emailed Keystone/Dutchmen about the issues I have had in my Aerolite-many have been resolved, some are still outstanding (primarily the roof interior ceiling sag) and since I have redone the AC ducting myself, I consider that resolved as best that can be without taking the entire trailer apart. I noted that I have two weeks left in my warranty (this was a week ago) when I wrote them. Here is their response.
Mr. Myhre,

Thank you for contacting Keystone RV Company regarding your 2013 Aerolite 282DBHS . We value you and the information you have provided. A review of your correspondence indicates there were items that you found unsatisfactory. We apologize that you were unhappy with these components. We will make note in your file of the items that you have documented for product improvement in both design and in our manufacturing process.

Respectfully,

Dan DeLong
Keystone Owner Relations
1-866-425-4369
So nothing about making anything right, nothing about a goodwill gesture to extend my warranty, nothing about paying me for my time to redesign their AC ducts.

But the good news is that I didn't have high expectations for anything...

The only way they are going to learn anything is if their is a class action lawsuit against them for the crap they produce.

Certainly you will reply to this un exceptable response?

Old 08-06-2014, 02:10 PM   #3

Ontario
I think we have the same AC issue as well!

I have started a running list and will be taking the rig back to my dealership and THEY can do all the repairs. However, that response was horrid.

What other issues are you having so I can double check my rig. So far, everything you have posted from minor to major, seems I have 90% of the issues as well.
WASABI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 02:54 PM   #4

Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by WASABI View Post
I think we have the same AC issue as well!

I have started a running list and will be taking the rig back to my dealership and THEY can do all the repairs. However, that response was horrid.

What other issues are you having so I can double check my rig. So far, everything you have posted from minor to major, seems I have 90% of the issues as well.
Everything I have had has been posted with the exception of the half wall issue below so there is nothing that you are missing.

All of my issues have been resolved (with a few exceptions) by my dealer or myself. The outstanding issues are the ceiling sag and the half wall by the bunks is not straight so the bunks rub on it when they move. The button caps are ripping (and eventually I suspect the rest of the vinyl material) so I need to remember to pull the wall away from the bunks before I move them. The can be fixed by removing the top and narrowing the width (it is attached like a counter top).

As far as the ceiling, I tried using a heat gun and roller to re-activate the adhesive (it is the white skin that has some large bubbles) and then injecting glue through a hole. Neither worked. My dealer said he would order a new panel ( and I actually think Dutchmen was contacted about the problem) but it scares me because all of the upper kitchen cabinets need to come down in order to swap it out. Not saying he couldn't do it, but I know how shoddy they are attached to begin with so when you start taking things apart the don't go back together right. This is evident by the multitude of posts on this board (both dealer work and those who have had their trailers brought back to the factory for repair).

Obviously Dutchmen can't do anything about the issues that have corrected already and since I don't what my interior ripped apart that's on me. In the back of my mind I was hoping they would come back and say, sorry for all for all of the issues, we will work to improve out design and manufacturing process and as a token of good faith we will extend your warranty for one additional year. Anything better than what their response.

Although I guess any response is better than nothing. I was asked for my VIN on 7/31 and it I took almost a week for that wonderful worded email from Dan. I was beginning to think I wasn't going to get anything at all.

2014 Aerolite 282DBHS

myaeroliterv.com
Old 08-06-2014, 05:54 PM   #5

Nevada
Ahh, Dutchmen Dan still there! Good Luck!!
Old 08-06-2014, 08:54 PM   #6

Delaware
I forwarded my original email and the response from Dan to about 11 people at Thor and Dutchmen from the CEO and Investor Relations Department to regional people, and production managers. Any email address I could find. Six of the 11 bounced back and failed delivery.

Now I just received a second email from Dan asking for my contact number so he can discuss my issues with me. I guess someone read it.

2014 Aerolite 282DBHS

myaeroliterv.com
Old 08-07-2014, 12:39 AM   #7

Oklahoma
PERSERVERANCE, hell yes!!!
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 12:41 AM   #8

Ontario
Here's hoping you get somewhere.
Adair1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 12:58 AM   #9

Indiana
Quote:
I forwarded my original email and the response from Dan to about 11 people at Thor and Dutchmen from the CEO and Investor Relations Department to regional people, and production managers. Any email address I could find. Six of the 11 bounced back and failed delivery.

Now I just received a second email from Dan asking for my contact number so he can discuss my issues with me. I guess someone read it.
I'm not lookin' to burst your apprehensive bubble but, Dan's about as useless as ___ on a bull (you fill in the blank). Dan's a Dutchmen idiot that is now a "Keystone Cop" idiot. He doesn't respond. Later he responds like he's going to help. I finally caught on when I was out of warranty he requested pictures of my fix and how it was done on my large Schwintek slide. He played like they might do something. I had to find out about my slide issues from this forum and other brand forums with Schwintec. Then paid out of my own pocket to fix it.
Do I sound like I've been down this road before. He gets paid to be stupid and play with you .

2012 Dutchmen 3850RL
Infinityrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 06:01 PM   #10

Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinityrver View Post
I'm not lookin' to burst your apprehensive bubble but, Dan's about as useless as ___ on a bull (you fill in the blank). Dan's a Dutchmen idiot that is now a "Keystone Cop" idiot. He doesn't respond. Later he responds like he's going to help. I finally caught on when I was out of warranty he requested pictures of my fix and how it was done on my large Schwintek slide. He played like they might do something. I had to find out about my slide issues from this forum and other brand forums with Schwintec. Then paid out of my own pocket to fix it.
Do I sound like I've been down this road before. He gets paid to be stupid and play with you .
X2!!!
Old 08-07-2014, 08:08 PM   #11

Delaware
I received a call today from Steve Holmes (Owner Relations Manager). Until I am proven wrong (and I truly hope that I am not) I am confident that my grievances will be addressed.

2014 Aerolite 282DBHS

myaeroliterv.com
Old 08-07-2014, 11:08 PM   #12

Indiana
Quote:
I received a call today from Steve Holmes (Owner Relations Manager). Until I am proven wrong (and I truly hope that I am not) I am confident that my grievances will be addressed.
You have my best. Hopefully, this Steve Holmes will do something. Dan DeLong DeIDIOT can't/won't do anything........he's a talker not a doer. He talks the talk but, can't walk the walk.

2012 Dutchmen 3850RL
Infinityrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 11:20 PM   #13

Ontario
Fingers crossed!
WASABI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 01:03 PM   #14

Delaware
Keystone does appear to be genuine in their intent to make things right. We are agreed on a solution and I am waiting to wrap things up.

2014 Aerolite 282DBHS

myaeroliterv.com
Old 08-29-2014, 02:43 AM   #15

Delaware
I have received a six month extension on my warranty (already have in hand) and am waiting on the arrival of a check. They sent me a w9 to fill out so I am just waiting for the mail carrier to deliver.

2014 Aerolite 282DBHS

myaeroliterv.com
Old 08-29-2014, 03:47 AM   #16

Washington
Good for you. Slowly but surely, well,,,,, maybe not so surely, Keystone is stepping up. But they have so much stepping up to do.....
Old 08-29-2014, 03:48 AM   #17

New Mexico
I wonder if I can get them to at least repaint the front cap (another known defect) and the damage from a blown 'grim reaper' brand Chinese tire. After all they had about 5 other serious defects and I fixed another 5 so this time its their turn.
72mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 03:59 AM   #18

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72mach View Post
I wonder if I can get them to at least repaint the front cap (another known defect) and the damage from a blown 'grim reaper' brand Chinese tire. After all they had about 5 other serious defects and I fixed another 5 so this time its their turn.
Being "their" turn would indicate some sort of fairness. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. They have our money. Now we're at their mercy. As I've said, mine was in the shop for 7 months straight and when I asked to have the warranty adjusted the conversation stopped. Are you going to try repairs on the fender yourself?
Old 08-29-2014, 05:44 AM   #19

British Columbia
Hey ya'll I just remebered awhile back we were supposed to have a Dutchmen rep on the forum.

What's happened, I can't recall anything for that person in response to the problems we bring up.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 05:52 AM   #20

Washington
They must have sold him off when Keystone took over.