Keyless entry door locks - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > General RV Related Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-08-2024, 11:00 PM   #1

British Columbia
Keyless entry door locks

Thinking of going to a keyless entry for my 5th wheel. Lots of vids out there with 1st time users doing installations. These things are pricey and they all seem to have a few horror story reviews. Iím looking to hear about any feedback from people who have experience with these things after one or two years. Donít be shy and let me know which manufacturer you have or had..

Retired guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2024, 01:30 PM   #2

Florida
I use RV LOCK for my keyless entry. It came with two programmable key fobs which were a bit tricky to program. Mine also comes with a lifetime warranty which I have used several times. The warranty does not replace the entire lock but they send parts and you replace them as needed. Mostly, my keypad has given me the most trouble with cracking and water intrusion. I have replaced the membrane twice and it’s pretty easy (unfortunately). Also, my lock does not have a zero key (1-9 only).

Saying that, would I purchase another one? Yeah, I like the ability to lock and unlock without a key and the key fob is sort of handy since my wife is handicapped and she sometimes has issues with pushing buttons. The lock is very easy to install and more or less, a direct replacement. I used butyl tape underneath the lock as a precautionary measure. Not so sure if it is completely necessary but I error on the side of caution.

Hope this helps…

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2024, 12:45 PM   #3

Arizona
Bauer. I've stopped putting batteries in. I'm not full time so after a while in storage the locks don't work. Batteries died. Got tired of that. They are great if you are a full timer. But for me, where I use the trailer 7 or 8 times a year, not so much. I do admit, the Bauer system , other than battery issue, had been very good.
People, Places & Things...for over 40 Years!
videoarizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2024, 02:17 PM   #4

Florida
They are expensive, but I only use the lithium batteries in my locks. For the house and the Rv.
Old 06-16-2024, 04:21 PM   #5

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by franktafl View Post
They are expensive, but I only use the lithium batteries in my locks. For the house and the Rv.

They lost long enough to make the locks worthwhile? That would be nice for those of us that don't use their rvs all the time.
Old 06-16-2024, 04:22 PM   #6

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by franktafl View Post

They last long enough to make the locks worthwhile? That would be nice for those of us that don't use their rvs all the time.
Old 06-17-2024, 12:29 PM   #7

Florida
Usually I can get a couple of yers from them before I decide to change them out…
Old 06-18-2024, 01:36 AM   #8

Arizona
I bought some lithium. I'll give the locks another try. Thank you...

People, Places & Things...for over 40 Years!