Keyed ramp door stuck open - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2020, 05:39 PM   #1

Utah
Keyed ramp door stuck open

2016 voltage 3305 keyed ramp door: one side is stuck open and won't latch. Other side latches. The key mechanism doesn't work at all and when we started to pack up we could'nt get one side to latch but other side does as noted. The key was left in the door accidently and made a screaming noise a few times for several seconds before we noticed the key and then removed it. No sound/movement with the key now and no latching on one side. Any thoughts? Looks like an actuator could be out? If so where are they and how do I get to them?

texcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 10:59 PM   #2

Colorado
If the ramp key isn’t providing power to release the latches, you may not have power to the key switch. There should be two 9V batteries behind a black plastic cover in the front battery compartment

When closing the ramp, you need to open the side door to the garage to reduce the air pressure build up as the ramp closes. Be sure to slam the ramp firmly to engage the latches.

Its4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 11:01 PM   #3

Utah
Thanks for the reply. I changed our the 2 9 volts but still no impact. After further research and talking to Morryde it, looks like the actuator (s) have gone out. I've got the parts ordered so I'll keep my fingers crossed!
Old 07-20-2020, 05:55 AM   #4

California
It is my understanding that the 9 volt batteries are only to provide power in place of the 12 volt batteries before they are installed by the dealer. I don’t believe they are necessary once the 12 volts are installed.
Old 07-29-2020, 02:54 AM   #5

Utah
Final Results: I ordered the actuators and got a new lock. After installing, I tried the key and still no power to actuators. Checked power at each point and had power. Then I checked the lock to see if working and all was well. I finally simply switched the power connections on the actuators and all worked fine!
Old 07-29-2020, 02:58 AM   #6

Utah
P.S. I still don't know if the key works off the 2 9 volts or was rerouted to the battery. Is there an easy way to tell?
Old 07-29-2020, 04:43 AM   #7
RDJ

Washington
Inside the black box where the 2 9 volts are stored, there is another connection inside there to hook up to the house batteries, pull all wires out of box and you should find the other connection
Old 07-29-2020, 06:43 AM   #8

Utah
Thanks!