Insurance Coverage other than liability - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-29-2020, 09:24 PM   #1

Washington
Insurance Coverage other than liability

I would like any advice on insurance for our TT that covers all the stuff; i.e. frig, stove, TV, etc., etc. that could break. Does anyone have experience with Good Sam or other companies that provide end-to-end coverage? The dealer wanted to sell us a policy but it was horribly expensive and only good for 5 years. Are these extended policies for the TT, Tires, etc worth it? I have opted for the Good Sam roadside assistance because of the unlimited towing vs AAA which now limits the towing distance.

Logging the miles in the USA. Adventure awaits around every corner.
kjlarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 10:18 PM   #2

Florida
We have used good Sams to pull us out of Fort wilderness at Disney in our fifth wheel definitely definitely worth it Also if we are out somewhere and I get hurt and unable to tow the vehicle Due to injury they will send somebody out to take care of it and deliver it wherever we need it to go including back to Home in Central Florida. We ride ATVs and side-by-sides and play very hard. As far as for appliances I’m not sure. I think that would be a personal choice of what you think is best for you. All our best from Central Florida

Ovalvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 09:26 PM   #3

Arkansas
I have a Good Sams repair package and have good coverage for a modest price. Deductibles are the key.

I also have their other insurance for medical, air, getting my RV, and family home. Nice piece of mind.

Just my approach.

God luck and safe traveling.

labill
labill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 09:40 PM   #4

Oregon
I had trailer insurance from Allstate that was covered through my truck insurance, and it was about $320 per year ($320 over and above the cost of the truck policy). But, I was unhappy with Allstate in general, so I just went through a broker and he got me lined up with a Progressive policy effective Nov 1, a Travel Trailer Insurance Policy that covers comp ($250 ded), collision ($750 ded), Mexico, replacement cost of personal effects ($100 ded), emergency expense, vacation liability, road protection ($250 ded) , and roadside assistance. It is more costly at $571 annually for a $34K tow trailer, but covers a lot more than Allstate did. What I am trying to determine now is whether or not I need the AAA trailer rider, because it looks like Progressive has everything there covered as well.

Personally, I would not buy any extended policy for the "stuff" unless you had an item that has new technology, and for a trailer/RV I can't honestly think what that would be.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 12:44 PM   #5

Florida
I have insurance coverage for the trailer and contents like I would a standard home. That covers my stuff and theft,etc. worth the extra price in my opinion. The good Sam stuff seems to cover the trailer itself rather than the stuff inside. IMO.

I also got the rider for AAA since I had needed them for flat repair and possibly towing which the standard insurance policies really didn’t seem to cover. Was a good add on for me since I already had their service.
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote