InCommand - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > General RV Related Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-08-2018, 01:22 AM   #1

Georgia
InCommand

Hey, We have a 2018 Voltage 3605 thAt we bought brand new. We’ve only used it twice & still trying to figure out this inCommand. Does anyone know how to enable the slides? The monitor works but there is no unlock option if the motors are locked. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

amya31061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 05:56 AM   #2

California
The iN·command locks for safety if you have power on and are connected to the tow vehicle. This prevents you from accidentally opening a slide while you are traveling because you don’t have to be in the trailer to move your slides. So in theory you could be connected to the trailer while traveling and accidentally open a slide which would be really bad.

So we figured out two ways to unlock. On the iN·Command display there is an unlock button that shows up when it is locked out for travel. The other way which might be easier is to turn off the power from the battery then turn back on after you disconnect from the tow vehicle.

Our first trip I spent more time than I care to admit trying to figure out why I could not open my slides. I thought powering off and on the system would help and it did but now realize that was because by doing so the iN·Command realized it was not possible for me to be moving (unless I guess I tow without plugging in the electrical). So in essence the iN·Command locks you out for travel if at anytime after you are plugged in to the tow vehicle you try and operate it, so either unlock on the control pad or power on and off from the battery once disconnected from the tow vehicle.

Hope this helps.

Old 08-08-2018, 10:38 AM   #3

Georgia
Thank you for replying bk. It is disconnected. In fact we had to just leave it where we were camping bc we couldn’t stay in it. It doesn’t show the unlock option on the screen & we have powered on & off even from the shoreline & it still won’t enable the slides & awnings. This whole experience w/this unit has been soo frustrating. We bought it brand new & The 1st time we used it which was a few weeks after we got it, the AC went out. (4th of July & hot as *%!?) so finally get that back this past Friday & we try to go camp this past wkend & cant get the dang slides out. Grrr.
Old 08-09-2018, 04:21 AM   #4

California
So did you try to disconnect the battery by the disconnect switch while you were not plugged in on shore power?

Three rigs are so frustrating and it seems like you need at least two or three shake down trips to get everything figured out and fixed. Sales people don’t know anything and warranty repair takes forever and never seems like they get it right the first time. And then so many of the components they use are cheap too.

Also, the people that understand iN·Command seem to be few and far between. New tech is tough to learn.

But when everything is working they are great. [emoji3]
Old 08-09-2018, 09:49 AM   #5

Georgia
Lol. Yes we tried that too. We have a call in to the dealership & see what they did bc they opened them to repair the AC. We r going bk to the campground this wkend & try again. I had emailed The incommand techs bc they are closed on the wkend but they’re like easy fix just hit reset. I did that last wkend too. But we will try it all again. Might just have to take it to a different dealership & ask for help.. 😭.
Old 09-29-2018, 05:13 PM   #6

Nevada
iN-Command® Support Go to this site and download your manual. You will need to know which system you have. I have the pro. To turn the Travel Lock off, ensure 12VDC is not going to the
Travel Lock system by removing the 7-way connector from
the tow vehicle and press the “Unlock” button on the Display
Commander inside the RV. This is on the page that shows you the status of your tanks and battery levels. Hope this helps
2013 Ford F350
RSNK61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 10:53 AM   #7

Maryland
Pull the main breaker and it resets. Same issue on our maiden voyage. Took 4 hours to figure it out.

2018 Ford F150 Supercrew Lariat
GTULOWITZKY is offline   Reply With Quote