How to mount an outside TV on 287RE - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > General RV Related Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-17-2014, 11:17 PM   #1

Texas
How to mount an outside TV on 287RE

Hello All,

I have a question. Our 287RE has an outside cable jack and electric plug next to the door. I would be interested in using a small TV outside for some outdoor movies once in a while. Maybe just a small light weight 19 inch flat panel. Anyways, does anyone know of a way to attach a simple mount so that I could attach the TV to the side of the trailer where the cable jack is? I was thinking of using simple suction cups if the flat panel was light enough (I only want a small 19 inch one). I know I'll have to drill into the side of the unit if I find the right TV bracket but I just can't fine one yet. Any ideas out there? Thanks.

Bear25314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 04:15 PM   #2

Georgia
I place my outside 22" tv inside the storage compartment. I have installed a 110 outlet for power. Works for me.

chiefward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 05:36 PM   #3

Nevada
My 2014 287RE has a OEM mount on the curb side near the cable outlet and 110V plug. The mount is two slotted holes that match the factory installed 22 inch mount in the bedroom cabinet above the dresser. Easy move to the outside and back.
renojack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:59 AM   #4

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by renojack View Post
My 2014 287RE has a OEM mount on the curb side near the cable outlet and 110V plug. The mount is two slotted holes that match the factory installed 22 inch mount in the bedroom cabinet above the dresser. Easy move to the outside and back.

Is there a picture of this somewhere on the net or can you upload one? I can't seem to find one and am interested if this can be added to my 2013 287RE. Thanks.
Bear25314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 05:54 PM   #5

Nevada
Sorry, it will be a few days before I will be able to photo my setup. However the information may be available from Dutchmen by asking them to ID the manufacturer of the articulating wall mount for the 22" flat panel "option" in the bedroom of the 287RE. The outdoor mount is included in the option.
renojack is offline   Reply With Quote