Guess That Beep! - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2017, 09:55 PM   #1

New Mexico
Guess That Beep!

Hello everyone. Quick question.

I have an Aspen Trail 3010 BHDS that I just bought and I'm storing it at my dad's house about 20 minutes away. I got a message today that something inside was beeping. I think they narrowed it down to the carbon monoxide detector. I'm guessing something has drained the battery and is making the carbon monoxide detector angry.

Will a low battery cause the CM detector to beep or is it on its own battery and I need to spend more time checking it out?

cirrusly_fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 10:37 PM   #2

Arizona
all four of my detectors have 9 volt batteries, same as a house,, I would suggest buying some good 9 volt batteries and replace them all

rich2481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 10:53 PM   #3

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by cirrusly_fast View Post
Hello everyone. Quick question.

I have an Aspen Trail 3010 BHDS that I just bought and I'm storing it at my dad's house about 20 minutes away. I got a message today that something inside was beeping. I think they narrowed it down to the carbon monoxide detector. I'm guessing something has drained the battery and is making the carbon monoxide detector angry.

Will a low battery cause the CM detector to beep or is it on its own battery and I need to spend more time checking it out?
It may be hard wired to the RV battery, low RV battery might be causing the alert to sound.
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 12:14 AM   #4
Site Team

North Carolina
Probably the CO/LP detector, most of the ones I have seen are hardwired and will beep when the battery voltage gets too low. After you charge the batteries you may have to disconnect the power to the detector to get it to reset. If you are going to be storing the unit for any length of time I would highly recommend getting a battery disconnect switch that fully disconnects the battery. There are several amps of parasitic loads that can pull a battery down fairly quickly.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 12:42 AM   #5

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
Probably the CO/LP detector, most of the ones I have seen are hardwired and will beep when the battery voltage gets too low. After you charge the batteries you may have to disconnect the power to the detector to get it to reset. If you are going to be storing the unit for any length of time I would highly recommend getting a battery disconnect switch that fully disconnects the battery. There are several amps of parasitic loads that can pull a battery down fairly quickly.

Aaron
x2 !
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 02:13 AM   #6

Utah
Normally its the CO2

2014 Dutchmen 261BHS
gazingm42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 02:50 PM   #7

Montana
Our Aspen Trail has a 9V battery operated CO detector and another 9V battery operated smoke detector. The propane detector is hardwired to the 12V system though and when battery is low, it will beep. Without some type of battery disconnect or solar, you camper's parasitic loads such as the propane detector will drain your battery to death.