Factory Warranty Extension: COVID-19 Pandemic - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > General RV Related Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-01-2021, 07:57 PM   #1

Nevada
Lightbulb Factory Warranty Extension: COVID-19 Pandemic

Just wanted to reach out and see of anyone has ran into issues like I have this past year and are concerned about their 1 year factory warranty during the pandemic in 2020?

I purchased a brand new 2020 Dutchmen Voltage 3635 in May of 2020 and our new toy hauler has now spent 5 months of its first year being owned getting repairs made due to the lack of craftsmanship we have experienced on our first Dutchmen purchase. 5 months now we have had to make our payments in full and have not had our toy hauler in our possession to use. This is very frustrating. Our warranty is set to expire April 28th of 2021 and we are extremely concerned since we really haven't had a chance to use our toy hauler and there has been a significant delay getting parts, scheduling services / repairs due to COVID-19 and the state lock-downs we were all faced with. I did some research and have found numerous other RV manufacturers have offered an extension on their factory warranties due to COVID-19 and this last Friday I wrote an email requesting the same due to our experience and the COVID-19 pandemic. Has anyone else done the same? Have had the same experience and concerns as I? Please share and I appreciate any and all recommendations at this point.

kpowning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 09:15 PM   #2

California
Good luck. I would be surprised if they extend the warranty. Not exactly the best manufacturer out there.

I suggest you use it as much as possible when you get it out and take it back for more warranty work on the last day possible. I am almost positive the warranty will be in effect as long as you get the trailer into the dealer for repairs prior to the last day, even if they have it for weeks or months longer. Also, if they botch a repair or miss something that you brought it in for then that will be covered too.

Good luck.

Tags
factory warranty, warranty extension