Dutchmen Customer Service - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > General RV Related Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-08-2013, 09:34 PM   #1

California
Dutchmen Customer Service

Anyone know of a helpful and good person to contact at Dutchmen Customer Service?

Old 11-08-2013, 11:09 PM   #2

Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by waytoogood View Post
Anyone know of a helpful and good person to contact at Dutchmen Customer Service?
WOW! What a loaded question. The person that I dealt with when my unit was under warranty is no longer available. Whether she left or is unable to work with me any longer is unknown. Her name is Cindy Walker (super company representative)

A gentlemen by the name of Dan Long (supervisor). Took over after warranty. He was the one responding to me. He basically, half heartedly answered some questions and blew me off.

I'll be at the Tampa Fairgrounds RV Super Show January 2014. I will NOT be at the Dutchmen Infinity site. It's about service after the sale. There is none.

The people that have Voltage units love 'em. I also, like mine. I don't like the issues being ignored by Dutchmen.

Good luck!

2012 Dutchmen 3850RL
Infinityrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 12:26 AM   #3

California
Thanks Infinityrver

Just need some factory info about my unit. I want to be able to call and ask for a person that knows what they are talking about. It seems with Dutchmen that is asking alot !
Old 11-09-2013, 06:15 PM   #4

Idaho
I agree with Infinityrver. Unfortunately, if you do get someone on the phone, it's obvious they don't give a crap. I wish I'd known how truly bad their customer service was before buying. I wouldn't have.
Bulldog80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:06 PM   #5

Michigan
try DAN DELONG.
GOLDENYEARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 02:21 AM   #6

I will be watching to see how this turns out. Customer service does seem to VERY low priority with Dutchmen and answering questions about their units? Wow, that's a novel idea! Information has been pretty much non-existent!
BigBoyjack b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 09:47 AM   #7

Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDENYEARS View Post
try DAN DELONG.
I couldn't remember the jacknuts name. It is Dan DeLong not Dan Long. While under warranty he may respond with interest. After warranty he's no use to anyone.

2012 Dutchmen 3850RL
Infinityrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:11 AM   #8

New Mexico
Absolutely no one. Unless you know the president and even then I highly doubt he or she would give a damn. The #1 worst customer support network on the planet.
72mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:22 AM   #9

California
No answers from Dan Delong or anyone else for that matter. Just wanted to get some wire diagrams for a few mods I want to do. Its like pulling teeth to get any help from this company!
Old 11-13-2013, 04:47 PM   #10

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by waytoogood View Post
No answers from Dan Delong or anyone else for that matter. Just wanted to get some wire diagrams for a few mods I want to do. Its like pulling teeth to get any help from this company!
If you come across the diagrams, feel free to post them for others
firestone bags with AirRide wireless auto level Curt Q20 on R5 rails
Jbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 05:40 PM   #11

Louisiana
Dutchman customer service

I have never been a member of a forum and this is my first attempt at this but here goes. The Dutchman customer service thread hit a nerve with me. It is non-existent. It goes hand and hand with their quality assurance before the RV leaves the factory. I have absolutely nothing good to say about my 2014 Komfort 3650FFL. Nothing but problems and absolutely no help from Dutchman. I will never won another Dutchman product and I will do everything I can to warn anyone else against this worthless company.

Charles B.
Charles B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:29 PM   #12

Saskatchewan
Greetings Charles, welcome to the Forum. Make sure you document everything as there's been some rumours that someone new (Keystone) maybe in your future. You're not alone in this so please stay involved here. You'll be supported by many, many very fine people who are in the same place you are.

2013 Timber Ridge, 2013 GMC Sierra 6.2 L
kayakcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 01:31 AM   #13

Michigan
Pray tell Charles, what type of problems are you having? i know i have had my share of problems some major like my air conditing not installed properly. we are all here to help cause we are all stuck and need to save what we have commited for.
GOLDENYEARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 12:03 AM   #14

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles B. View Post
I have never been a member of a forum and this is my first attempt at this but here goes. The Dutchman customer service thread hit a nerve with me. It is non-existent. It goes hand and hand with their quality assurance before the RV leaves the factory. I have absolutely nothing good to say about my 2014 Komfort 3650FFL. Nothing but problems and absolutely no help from Dutchman. I will never won another Dutchman product and I will do everything I can to warn anyone else against this worthless company.

Charles B.
been there and feel your frustration!
Old 11-17-2013, 09:40 PM   #15

Colorado
I'm not sure if my problem is with Dutchmen or the dealer? I have a crack in the black tank of my 2014 Kodiak BHSL, it's above the 2/3 sensor. First the dealer said they could not get it in for a month so I offered to drop the corner of the belly pan and take a picture of the crack so they could get the tank on the way saving some time. While I had it down I also put a bead of Silicone over the small 1" long crack. Now as long as I keep the level below 2/3 it is ok to use.
The month passed and I heard nothing from the dealer so I took the camper in (a 2hr drive, and it's the closest place!). I got there and no black tank. They said they would look into and reorder the following day. I left the camper with them for 2 week, no black tank!
We were leaving on a trip in a week so I went down to get the camper, it had now been 1 1/2 months that this tank was suppose to be on "order" with no tank and no reason as to why it was not there. I told them I was taking the camper and I'd bring it back in mid- December to have the tank installed but call me as soon as it arrives so I know it's there. Well we've been on the road for 2 weeks now and still no call!
I'm not sure if the dealer is the problem or Dutchmen?
rcharrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:01 PM   #16

That is definitely the dealer. I would first contact the owner or general manager and if it is not dealt with satisfactorily, a call to your state Attorney General or consumer affairs department would be in order. Best of luck.
BigBoyjack b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 03:54 AM   #17

California
Question Dutchman info

I never knew this site existed and am thrilled to have found it. I have a 2000 Ford "e-450"** Dutchman 31N motor home. I've loved mine since new with 32000 miles on the V-10 with a Banks power pack from heads to exhaust tip. Also installed the Banks chip (which simply plugs into the ECU) and the trans command (best of all). I'm stating to have some house issues and would like to know who to contact to purchase a build book for my unit.
You may have noted the asterisks on the E-450... I needed a suspension component and went to fordparts.com. I entered the VIN and up pops a full description of the vehicle. What came up is what surprised me -THIS vehicle is an E-350 not a 450. Is this a mistake or a blatant material misrepresentation? Anyone else had this issue? After reading some other threads, I will contact Keystone about the book. I'll post later what I learn.
Nine911nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:32 PM   #18

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles B. View Post

Charles B.
So, for another newbie here, who makes the best tow behinds? Fifth wheels and toy haulers?
MisterScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:44 PM   #19

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterScott View Post
So, for another newbie here, who makes the best tow behinds? Fifth wheels and toy haulers?
Well MisterScott, that's the $64,000 question or in my case the $90,000 mistake. Dutchmen are manufactured by THOR Industries along with about 10 other brands. My advice is to stay away from anything THOR builds but I have a personal bias from all the problems I've had. That's not to say that any other manufacturer is better. It seems to matter what day a particular unit is made on and whether the crew decided to party last night. Most days the quality control manager doesn't show up and the result is a coach that has many problems. The idea seems to be the more problems your coach has the better you'll get to know it. So bottom line, if you're handy buy an RV and work on it. If not, you'll be spending a lot of time at the dealer. All of us here recommend a very, very thorough PDI (pre-delivery inspection) because once it leaves the lot your dealer will forget who you are.
Old 06-05-2014, 02:55 AM   #20

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawpilot View Post
Well MisterScott, that's the $64,000 question or in my case the $90,000 mistake. Dutchmen are manufactured by THOR Industries along with about 10 other brands. My advice is to stay away from anything THOR builds but I have a personal bias from all the problems I've had. That's not to say that any other manufacturer is better. It seems to matter what day a particular unit is made on and whether the crew decided to party last night. Most days the quality control manager doesn't show up and the result is a coach that has many problems. The idea seems to be the more problems your coach has the better you'll get to know it. So bottom line, if you're handy buy an RV and work on it. If not, you'll be spending a lot of time at the dealer. All of us here recommend a very, very thorough PDI (pre-delivery inspection) because once it leaves the lot your dealer will forget who you are.
The quality problems seem to be systemic with Thor Industries products. They just about have a strangle hold on the RV market.

I should have known better than to buy another Thor product, but we liked the floor plan and let that sway our decision.

We had an '86 Airstream, the first year that Thor took over and I was so discussed with all the short cuts that had been taken in the build that I got rid of it. There were so many rivets that missed the frame work when they applied the inner panels and they used the fasten by brail method to hang the cabinets. When I took the cabinets out to refinish them I found untold numbers of holes where the screws had missed superstructure. Just put it back together and got rid of it.

I had been infatuated with Airstreams from back when I was a kid. Thor did a great job in bursting that ballon for me.

If and when we buy another camper, it by ABT (anything but thor).

hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote