Dutchman Quality - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-02-2012, 11:41 AM   #1

Florida
Dutchman Quality

I started out with an 18' Dutchman Aerolite, it was nice but I wanted something a little bigger..
Went to a Jayco 22', everyone raved about the quality and workmanship of the Jayco's...Anyway I needed something a little larger (LOL) with a slide out,,I went to the 24' Dutchman with the Coleman Emblem..I find the quality, workmanship and the interior appointments So much better.. I am totally happy with this Unit 2010 240RB.
This is just my opinion ...

Anderson Hitch
Coneyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:40 PM   #2

I had the same experience with my little 14ft TT. It is a common floorplan, but the Dutchmen model had a better look and feel. The fabric, woodwork, & little options that were included in the base price were just nicer overall.

Old 12-02-2012, 05:58 PM   #3

Wyoming
So happy to hear about your positive experience!

Before we bought our Komfort we looked at Jayco. I was disgusted by the quality of workmanship we saw in the units we were looking at. I couldn't believe that obvious defects like where screws had split braces in visible places were not only not caught by quality control but that not even the dealers fixed them prior to putting the unit on display.
I left that dealership never to return and would never look at another Jayco as long as I live.

Once I looked at the Komfort and the quality of construction and then the professionalism of the dealship where we bought ours I knew we had made the right choice.
Couple this with the fact that the only warranty item we needed was when the microwave crapped out on our first trip. The dealership was willing to ship a new microwave out to us where we were! We declined this generous offer and swapped out the microwave upon our return.

My advice to any purchasers would be to spend as much effort researching the dealership as they do the the units! After sales service will be what ultimately makes you a happy camper!
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:38 PM   #4

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
My advice to any purchasers would be to spend as much effort researching the dealership as they do the the units! After sales service will be what ultimately makes you a happy camper!
Excellent advice!
Old 12-04-2012, 04:00 AM   #5
Hut

North Carolina
We just took possession of a Kodiak 24resl, but have not had it out yet. Previously we owned a JayFlight 31bhds. It was a heavy beast, but we had absolutely no qualms with its quality.

I'm already concerned about the new rig's noise factor. AC is horrendously noisy on the inside. While using the interior speakers at just a nominal volume, you can hear it quite clearly on the outside. We're late-night movie watchers; I hope we don't have complaints from neighbors in parks.

On the upsided: it pulled like a dream! It's absolutely beautiful inside and out. We're in love with the floor plan for a smaller trailer.

We've got to get our church's Christmas musical in the books and then we're headed out! CAN'T WAIT!
Hut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:55 PM   #6

Wyoming
Hut, do you have the winter package in your Kodiak? If you did with your other unit that would account for the noise issues.
The big difference between a JayFlight and a Kodiak is weight. In order to make a unit lighter (hence the 'pulled like a dream!') there will be sacrifices that affect sound transmission.

Enjoy your trip! I wish we were able to head out as well.
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:38 AM   #7
Hut

North Carolina
That hadn't occured to me.... Makes sense, though.

The whole reason we made the change was because of weight. We went from 7,400 to 5,000 dry. The Suburban is saying "Thanks!"

Hut is offline   Reply With Quote