Crude prices down again to $24 per barrel - Dutchmen Owners

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > General RV Related Discussions
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-07-2020, 08:05 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Under a Pine Tree Somewhere
Posts: 18
Oregon
Crude prices down again to $24 per barrel

Our pump price nearby is down to $2/gal.

Unfortunately, we are stuck in lock-down when we should be traveling to our favorite destinations and taking advantage of low gas prices.

Hope this holds for me through next year until I get delivery of my Cybertruck and end the agony in the pump every 200 miles.
__________________

Yosemite Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 11:36 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Tucson
Posts: 803
Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite Sam View Post
Our pump price nearby is down to $2/gal.

Unfortunately, we are stuck in lock-down when we should be traveling to our favorite destinations and taking advantage of low gas prices.

Hope this holds for me through next year until I get delivery of my Cybertruck and end the agony in the pump every 200 miles.
You realize that the oil isn't coming from America at that price but from overseas. Our American oil production workers are being laid off. Our people are losing their jobs for that cheap gas. So, cheap gas is not a good thing for the US.

Oh and I'm not staying at home because some politician tells me to. We still have Constitutional rights that can't be taken away.
__________________

__________________
2014 Voltage 3600
2013 Chevy 3500 CC DRW
2011 Harley Ultra Limited 2016 RZR 900
azdryheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 12:45 AM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Under a Pine Tree Somewhere
Posts: 18
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdryheat View Post
You realize that the oil isn't coming from America at that price but from overseas. Our American oil production workers are being laid off. Our people are losing their jobs for that cheap gas. So, cheap gas is not a good thing for the US.

Oh and I'm not staying at home because some politician tells me to. We still have Constitutional rights that can't be taken away.
I know, our refiners are designed for Middle East crude. But oil derivates are fungible and thus globally priced.

I have not traded on oil company stock in the last 3 years and I will never touch it again. I think, like coal industry that's practically dead in the US, oil is the next to go -- although in a longer time horizon -- with the demand globally on the long term downtrend.

I'm staying home not because some politicians are telling me but upon the advice of medical professionals and pandemic experts as I don't want to put myself in danger or somebody else's in case I'm an asymptomatic Covid-19 virus carrier.

I don't mind at all and I can live with those kind of sacrifices. This is the least I can do and I'm even willing to do more heavy lifting as my family is preparing to provide free groceries to those who'll need it.
Yosemite Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 10:04 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
dsol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Calabasas
Posts: 235
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite Sam View Post
I'm staying home not because some politicians are telling me but upon the advice of medical professionals and pandemic experts as I don't want to put myself in danger or somebody else's in case I'm an asymptomatic Covid-19 virus carrier.
Well said.
dsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Dutchmen RV or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2020 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.
×