Command Strip Failure - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2020, 12:29 PM   #1

Texas
Command Strip Failure

I do not want to drill any holes in my TT trailer walls. So I have sort of pushed the wife to use Command Strip products. The wall panels do not seem to like these things. I bought a special 3 pound rated one for a 1 pound wall clock. I followed all the instructions to the letter only to have the clock fall off the wall 2 weeks later. This is not damage due to the the TT being moved as removing/storing the clock is a part of our moving checklist. Has anyone else seen this? Any solutions?

Thanks!
Chris

g2ktcf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 12:49 PM   #2

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by g2ktcf View Post
I do not want to drill any holes in my TT trailer walls. So I have sort of pushed the wife to use Command Strip products. The wall panels do not seem to like these things. I bought a special 3 pound rated one for a 1 pound wall clock. I followed all the instructions to the letter only to have the clock fall off the wall 2 weeks later. This is not damage due to the the TT being moved as removing/storing the clock is a part of our moving checklist. Has anyone else seen this? Any solutions?

Thanks!
Chris
They don't seem to like RV walls. Every now an then I need to replace them when they fall off.

I used command strips to attempt to hang a picture in my home. Didn't work. The wall is better if it is completely smooth and not textured in any way.

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 01:28 PM   #3

Texas
Well, I have been doing some research this morning and there seems to be a marked difference in quality in the past two years. Numerous people report that they have used them for 4-5 years successfully. Then moved them and the newer ones fail within weeks.
g2ktcf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 09:08 PM   #4

Oregon
Command strip

I travelled full time for almost 15 years and we used Velcro. Staple to the walls (tiny holes) and even hung large picture of 15 # and stayed for years with moving every week
PastorFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 12:21 AM   #5

Illinois
Trick found if you want anything to stick is to wipe the surface with isopropyl alcohol And water mix. 50/50 using the 90% ipa. I had the same issue with the smooth cabinet side, a good wipe down solved it.
acdii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 02:36 AM   #6

Utah
Part of the problem is that (1) RV walls are not always snooth, and (2) Command strips are not always made for the extreme temperatures you might experience while storing the RV between trips.

My two cents.
Hart_family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 04:26 AM   #7

Arizona
I have used exterior grade , thick , double face tape found at Lowe’s and had success.

Guy Lombardo is offline   Reply With Quote