Camping World Damage - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > General RV Related Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-08-2023, 10:19 PM   #1

Arizona
Angry Camping World Damage

For those of you RVer's out there that use Camping World for repair please inspect your rig and take before and after pics when you drop your RV off. I took my 5th Wheel Tou Hauler in for lock bars install instead of stupid electric key lock system that never worked! I picked up my rig and when I did the service writer advised me to go to the rear and pick it up out of the service bay? It's been there a dozen times and I never had to do this before? The service writer advised me it was because the "Tug" that pulls and pushes the trailers around did not have the proper "Plate" for it. He has never said this before. I go back and inspect the bars and all good and hook up and go to storage. A friend helped me back in and once in I walked back to look at my position and observed the left rear taillight cracked, upper rear metal with large dent and then the ladder on the left side had been squashed into the side panel and pushed forward about two inches! After an immediate call their reply was, "well you should have noticed it before or showed us when dropped off." Then offered to pay $500 of my $1000 deductible when I explained about the Tug. WTH?!:

Highway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 06:23 PM   #2

Florida
Most security cameras go back at least 30 days If they will
Look at it and let you see it to know what they did.
A few years ago our fifth wheel went in for service
They called to say landing gear need to be replaced at my expense
It was failing. HUH I Asked them on the phone what they fucked up
I went down the next day raised hell told him it was working perfectly or I would not been able to unhook from the trailer and they could stick The cost up their ass
After a loud 30 second conversation they had it done within three days at their cost
The conversation was on the sales floor. (Looked like they dropped it on landing gear)
Up until that point they treated me OK with service things I won’t be lied to
And that one was the last straw. some people in life are not your
friends or acquaintances And need to be treated as such they will try to
Bend you over.
All our best central Florida

Ovalvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 07:33 PM   #3

Arizona
Camping World damage

I asked about cameras to wit they replied there are none? I contend they would not have offered to pay half my deductible if they didn't feel some responsibility?
Highway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 08:22 PM   #4

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway View Post
I asked about cameras to wit they replied there are none? I contend they would not have offered to pay half my deductible if they didn't feel some responsibility?

Great point. That is an admission of guilt.

Also, why I found a mobile repair guy to come to me for any repairs I need. He is not cheap but when you factor in the time savings and his competence I am miles ahead.
Old 03-11-2023, 03:16 PM   #5

California
EASY fix do not use camping world. Have not seen or heard of good service.

Mike & Emily-Sacramento, CA
Our 4th trailer (2016 Aspen Trail 1900RB)
2018 F150 STX 2.7 Eco Boost
chily3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2023, 03:58 PM   #6

Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by chily3 View Post
EASY fix do not use camping world. Have not seen or heard of good service.
Well, I can't quite agree with this one. In my experience, I've had both good & bad service with Camping World. Like many places, regardless of what services they handle (automotive, electronics, plumbing, etc)... it depends on the service center in question, and the manager who's running things.

It's just like taking my Apple components to the Genius Bar for service and/or repair. I've had good & bad experiences with them too, depending on location. All of the techs around the country are supposed to be Apple trained, and have the same expertise... but some handled my issues well, while others just seemed to want to give up after 10 minutes and try to sell me a new product.

Of course, the problem is... there's really no good way of knowing in advance which places are good, and which ones aren't.

So, IMO, to say "all Camping World locations are bad" isn't quite fair. Some locations have done excellent work for me... even going out of their way by staying late, or bumping me to the head of the line to get me back on the road... while others treated me like I was a nuisance.
2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2023, 03:09 PM   #7

Florida
I believe the post is about the damage
They do and the dishonest way they deal with it
We pay a lot of money for this hobby maybe some
People are used to getting screwed over.
And good good with that Myself
And some others are not
All our best central Florida
Ovalvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 09:21 PM   #8

Illinois
Not Just Camping World. There is a dealer that sells high end and mid range trailers in Rockford, just off 20/20/39. This is where I bought my 5th wheel. When I went to pick it up I did my inspection and found several items that were completely missed in PDI and should have been caught on delivery from the factory such as the frayed slide cables. How they missed them when I immediately spotted them, I don't know.

They ordered the replacement parts I found needed to be replaced (this was August 2020 for reference) and I took the RV home to get it set up for a trip. It took 3 weeks to get the parts in and they said they could get it done and ready for the trip, which they did.

From the outlook, it looked like all was fine and done right, no complaints on this service, but, I will return to this at the end.

During the trip we noticed the 12v reefer was working, then not and things would melt in the freezer. I also noticed the floor in the living area had a LOT of bounce to it and the island would move up and down when someone walked across the floor. So I had a list of items to warranty, got it scheduled and delivered to them on Election day 2020. It took them until April of 2021 to complete the repairs, so on a Friday my wife and I went to pick it up.

First thing I notice when pulling in, the trailer is sitting on it's knees. They didn't extend the gear when they finished with repairing the floor in the rear. Then I discover the battery is DED Dead! Not a spark out of it. Turns out they didn't disconnect it when they were done installing the replacement reefer, and killed it. They refused to warranty it too when I brought it to their attention.

After that, they brought out their fork lift and a power pack and got the trailer up enough to hitch it. While hitching up they were being "helpful" and started plugging it in and other things and Completely mucked up my routine so I missed a check which in turn destroyed my 5th wheel hitch. I was able to get it to where I could un-hitch it and was able to get it to unlatch. The trailer has a Sidewinder and the bolts to lock it straight were still in it, so when I turned to pull out, the trailer went straight and my 5th wheel buckled and bent.

So it went back into storage while I went and got another 5th wheel for the truck. In the meantime they did jack to get the battery charged. While going over it the first time though I discovered they broke the street side front door latch, and they at least replaced it. I went back and picked it up a week later, plugged it into shore power since they had parked it next to an outlet so I was able to raise it a bit more and did my proper hookup and pulled the bolts.

Anyway, after getting it home, the repairs were done, but not very good. Trim was missing around the reefer because the new one was a different brand and didn't fully fit the space as the original. I found some dinged trim from them moving the reefer in and out, and of course the bad battery.

Anyway, made it through the 2021 and 2022 season after that, and circling back to the first visit, while cleaning and lubing the slides and seals, I should mention I installed slide toppers before ti went in for the first repairs, I discovered some rust stains on the inside of the street side slide while I had it retracted and what looked like an outline of pliers. After extending the slide I found the top seal would not fully come out. Reason why? Some moron left their needle nose pliers on the roof and they got tangled up with the top slide, puncturing it so it was sliding across the roof when it opened and closed. Thankfully no damage was done to the roof, just holes in the outer seal. I took pictures and sent them to them.

CRICKETS. No replies to further emails. Out of warranty by then too, but they did the damage.

Bad seal, bent 5thy wheel, broken door latch, and killed the battery. Lets just say it will never see their lot again. I might buy from them again, but their service will never see me again.
acdii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 12:26 PM   #9

Florida
***shakes head***

amazing, just amazing!

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote