Aspen Trail 2760bhs slide - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > General RV Related Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-25-2015, 01:49 AM   #1

North Carolina
Aspen Trail 2760bhs slide

Hi all! I have recently purchased my first camper with a slide. I am just wondering what kind of system it is and what kinds of things I need to do to maintain it. Apparently the owners manual is absolutely worthless and tells nothing of importance.

Old 01-25-2015, 03:14 AM   #2

Texas
Nice trailer, I checked it out online. I use to have a Jayco 32BHDS that was very similar. We really liked the U shaped dinette, the double entry bedroom with the TV that flipped between the rooms and the bathroom entry door. You'll be able to comfortably sleep more people on that trailer than I can on my 43ft toy hauler.

It does not have the Schwintek In-wall slides that you may have read about on this forum. It also doesn't have cable slides. I think it's a through-frame slide, but it could be an above-floor slide. You'll need to look underneath to tell.

You can view the different slide systems on the Lippert site @ Product List

My Jayco had through-frame slides, the maintenance is minimal, maybe an annual lubrication. The important thing with any slide system is that you know how to manually override if it fails. The through-frame slides will have a manual crank for the motor, usually on the opposing side of the trailer from the slide. On my Jayco you had to remove a trap door in the under belly to access. I had a Torque were it stuck out of the frame on the other side of the trailer and you could crank it with the tool for the stabilizer jacks.

The only time I had a problem with the slide on my Jayco was when I opened it off level in a bar ditch. It would not retract, but after just a few turns on the manual override, I heard it pop back on track and was able to pull it in the rest of the way with the 12V motor.

Enjoy your new trailer... Spring will be here soon!!!

Mike & Helen
2014 Voltage 3895 EPIC III
2013 Ford F350 CC DRW FX4
HornedToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 02:18 PM   #3

North Carolina
Thank you for the helpful information! We upgraded from a kodiak HTT bc we quickly realized that the lack of storage space wouldn't work with a 6 month old. We really enjoy the new trailer and hope to have many years of use from it.

I need to start taking panels off of the kitchen cabinets to see if I can find the motor for the slide out. The only thing I have been able to see is there is 2 pinion racks mounted on the under side of the slide. The enclosed underbelly has prevented me from seeing anything and I don't want to take it loose until I have exhausted other places to look. But thanks again for for info. And yes, spring can't get here fast enough!