Air Conditioner Stops Working - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2017, 12:26 AM   #1

North Carolina
Air Conditioner Stops Working

I recently purchased a 2017 Aspen Trail 2790 Travel Trailer. My family and I just went on our first trip and noticed that the A/C worked for a couple of hours then shut off. Even after adjusting the thermostat to lower the temperature, the A/C did not turn back on. The outside temperature was warm enough to require the A/C to be running. I eventually had to turn it off, wait a couple minutes then it turned back on. Not sure if anyone else has had this problem or not or knows what they problem is. Just wanted to post the question before I go back to the dealer.

Ferrariwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 12:45 AM   #2

New Jersey
We had a similar problem with our 2016 Aspen Trail 1900rb last summer.. on a 97 degree day. When I brought it in for warranty repair they told me that a batch of the Dometic AC units had problems with refrigerant leaking.. The fan however did run but there was no cooling.. There is no way I could verify what I was told but they did replace the AC unit and it does work now.. BTW It took almost a month to get it fixed... mostly waiting for aprovals for warranty service from Dometic and Dutchman..

Allentown, NJ
Firstime RVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 11:54 PM   #3

Texas
it is RIDICULOUS to have to wait so long for warrenty approvals!! We had a similar incident recently - thought it was our a/c - but - it turned out to be the converter that had broken and - literally - melted down. So the dealer was quick to order a new one and when I called Goshen to see about shipment, they were dumb-struck to think I might want them to send it by 2-day delivery - or, at least, have the option to pay for overnite delivery myself!! Finally, after FIVE long days on the UPS truck, our new part arrived and was immediately installed by the dealier............sheesh!!
TexasMarci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 01:22 PM   #4

New Jersey
I guess they think if they do a great job in a short time, they might get more business than they can handle??
Allentown, NJ
Firstime RVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 05:54 PM   #5

Florida
Just had our second Dometic replaced under warranty. The first one took 6 weeks at the dealer. I went on Dometic's website and found local warranty shops and called a small one-man shop much closer than my dealer. He came to my house the next day, and replaced it 10 days later. Because my rig is more than one year old, I had to pay the labor. $75... Well worth it.
Handyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 09:15 PM   #6

Alabama
I have the same problem. I took the cover off mine and can see why they would leak freon because the copper lines are capped an poorly soldered. What is the web sight i can go on to find local dometic repair places
Keith taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 09:05 AM   #7

Illinois
While some people have either repaired their A/C's themselves or found a tech to do it, 95% of the time they will just replace. Sad, but true. thinking around 7 or 8 hundred plus install. Just a guesstimate.
Rusty

2005 Harley Ultra Classic w/too many miles
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote