AC Unit Information - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > General RV Related Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-13-2020, 01:18 PM   #1

Texas
AC Unit Information

Good Morning folks!

I am in need of a second AC unit pretty badly. The daytime temps in our RV are up in the 86 deg range (we are the hell called Texas). We currently have a Dometic Brisk Air II and this thing is LOUD. So loud, that I have to max out the TV volume just to hear when it is running on high.

I was doing some research and was looking for input on other units in regards to 1) performance and 2) noise level. The Furrions looks okay but I have not experienced them. I am so annoyed with the noise that I am considering pulling the main unit, replacing it with a quieter version and then installing the original in the pre-wired spot. We have an Aerolite BH2923.

Thanks in Advance!
Chris

g2ktcf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 12:30 PM   #2

Arizona
will be following,, my trailer came with only one, probably a 13.5 since Dutchman was so cheap,, but I dont think the other vent holes are pre-wired which would be my question, I see AC plug in one bezel area, but dont think cheapo dutchman would have laid in wires to just sit.. will be interesting,, we dont send our ac thru the vents till bed time since it will frost up during the day, air flow etc,,

rich2481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 12:39 PM   #3

Texas
Rich,

Mine is a 2019 Aerolite and it is pre-wired. The unit was advertised as being pre-wired and has a 50A service. I have pulled open the small jbox near the bedroom vent and the wiring is there. I have a quote from Camping World for the complete install at just under $1600 for another Dometic Brisk Air II. I have another quote for the same unit from a local RV supply company for just over $1100. I may be doing this work myself.

I am still concerned about the noise level. I downloaded a noise level indicator for my Galaxy phone and while I am sure its not perfect, I get 79 dB 1 foot from the AC unit. I have located a modified intake and filter assembly that is supposed to help a bit but its $180 and unproven. YMMV
Old 08-31-2020, 02:58 PM   #4

Minnesota
Can't comment on A/C in TX, as I live in MN. We get hot weather, but not like TX and certainly for not as long. A few days of humid 90's then a cold front will typically come through making things more bearable before it heats up again. I do have the Wacko Products DA 100 A/C Silencer Kit on the air conditioner in our 2018 Aerolite 213RBSL. It works as advertised. Really quieted down the A/C. It requires ducts, however. If your A/C is not ducted, as in our previous Surveyor, it will not work. As for cooling, we have the 13,500 BTU unit, but our trailer is not large. It works great. I leave the A/C on at a higher setting in humid weather (trailer is parked in our yard near my shop with a dedicated 30 amp service plug) and the unit runs quite a bit, but the temp inside is spot on the thermostat setting. Once the tree shade moves over the trailer, the unit runs less. Good luck getting your unit cooled down. I highly recommend the silencer kit. $180 well spent. One other thought: We have the Jensen audio system and Furrion TV. I found, after trial and error, that the TV is wired through the aux input on the Jensen. I now turn both on, put the Jensen on the aux input, and turn down the TV audio. I run the TV audio through the Jensen and the audio system speakers. Works great!
Snowman53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 04:02 PM   #5

Texas
I saw the silencer and wondered how well that works. I will get one of those and see how much it reduces the noise. I do not like the filter in AC anyway. I am just going ahead with another Brisk Air II. While loud, they work really well. The second unit will not run that much.

I actually replaced the Furrion TV (it was horrible) with an 43" LG 4k one so I will check on the aux input deal. I have great sound on this TV but I think the Jensen would be much better at that. The internet at this park SUCKS. I found a wireless supplier that gets me 25 mbps up and down through a tiny receiver that is on my roof. I can stream 4k video and I want the best possible sound to go with it!

Thanks!
Chris
Old 09-01-2020, 09:25 PM   #6

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by g2ktcf View Post
I saw the silencer and wondered how well that works. I will get one of those and see how much it reduces the noise. I do not like the filter in AC anyway. I am just going ahead with another Brisk Air II. While loud, they work really well. The second unit will not run that much.

I actually replaced the Furrion TV (it was horrible) with an 43" LG 4k one so I will check on the aux input deal. I have great sound on this TV but I think the Jensen would be much better at that. The internet at this park SUCKS. I found a wireless supplier that gets me 25 mbps up and down through a tiny receiver that is on my roof. I can stream 4k video and I want the best possible sound to go with it!

Thanks!
Chris
What is your internet supplier?
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 11:55 AM   #7

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by franktafl View Post
What is your internet supplier?
Its a local wireless ISP called NexGen WISP. There system is based on 5G Ubiquiti equipment. Most WISPs are local outfit with limited coverage so ymmv.