2022 1805RB missing Furion camera wiring - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > General RV Related Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-20-2021, 09:23 PM   #1

Virginia
2022 1805RB missing Furion camera wiring

Was getting ready to install a back up camera on my new TT. When I removed the plate to expose the pre-wired power cable, I found it was missing. Camping World is 1.5 hrs drive and I have not been impressed with previous warranty work. Should I just hard wire it to the center clearance light or take my chances with Camping World?

Thanks in advance

Ikayak2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 06:37 PM   #2

Washington
The wire is probably there, just inside behind the center light; you may have to fish around to find it. If not installed than you will need to remove the center light and fish the wire to the bracket. Now, that camera will only work when the vehicle running lights are on. I wanted to use ours as a "rearview" mirror so rewired it all the way to the tongue, wired it to the distribution box on the tongue and installed a small switch to turn it on. Now I can see what is behind me while driving or backing up.

Logging the miles in the USA. Adventure awaits around every corner.
kjlarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 09:22 PM   #3

Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjlarson View Post
The wire is probably there, just inside behind the center light; you may have to fish around to find it. If not installed than you will need to remove the center light and fish the wire to the bracket. Now, that camera will only work when the vehicle running lights are on. I wanted to use ours as a "rearview" mirror so rewired it all the way to the tongue, wired it to the distribution box on the tongue and installed a small switch to turn it on. Now I can see what is behind me while driving or backing up.
Sounds like a lot of work to achieve the same result! Why switch on a switch on the tongue when turning on your running lights will achieve the same result? The Furrion pigtail is attached to the running lights to start with, the only upside is it has a plug on the end!
Edwal07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 01:27 AM   #4

Arizona
I use my running lights. Easy to install. Plus, I like having the lights on going down the road.
People, Places & Things...for over 40 Years!
videoarizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 05:12 PM   #5

Washington
When I installed mine, thire wireing was there but hte Furrion connector was in a bag provided with the trailer. Dug around and found the two leads behind the camera mount location, one with a green stripe and one without. The green stripe is the positive side and the solid white is ground. This wire is powered all the time, looking at adding a switch at somepoint inside so the camera is not on when it doesn't need to be. Think I found the wire connected to the same circuit as the LP detector, need to do more testing when I get back home though.
cgertz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
missing camera wiring