For Sale: 2002 Freightliner, ( motor home ) RV tow vehicle - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Marketplace > Classifieds
Click Here to Login

Old 11-27-2017, 01:55 AM   #1

Washington
2002 Freightliner, ( motor home ) RV tow vehicle

Howdy All,

I am up grading my tow vehicle to a to a semi long enough to haul a Smart Car behind the sleeper, so my Columbia is for sale. This is a very road worthy truck I have towed my 3818 toy hauler over 65,000 miles in the last 4 years with NO problems.

This is a turn key truck that is legally registered and titled as a "motor home" in Washington State. As its a motor home there is no need for a CDL, no need to stop at scales. Insurance is cheaper then it was to insure my Dodge one ton dually. In the 65,000 miles I have driven this truck my average fuel mileage is 7.7mph UP and DOWN mountains.

The price, $30,000.00 US dollars no pick up will tow as well or STOP a large RV trailer like this truck will, be safe, buy the right tool for the job.

Dave

Old 11-27-2017, 09:48 AM   #2
Site Team

North Carolina
Good luck with the sale! I will pass the information on to some friends of mine. I have been trying to convince them that a Class 7 is the way to go.

Aaron

wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 05:04 PM   #3

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
Good luck with the sale! I will pass the information on to some friends of mine. I have been trying to convince them that a Class 7 is the way to go.

Aaron
Howdy Aaron,

Thanks for passing along the truck to those who may be interested. I put a lot of money into this truck making it reliable for long trips, I just returned from a 6,000 mile trip with NO issues.

Sadly the next truck I buy will have to be sorted out as this one already is but I want to carry the Smart Car on the truck rather then use half the garage in my toy hauler. Yes I know I could modify the truck I already have but its already setup very well the way it is and to redo the entire rear of the truck would be a waste of what it now is.

Dave
Old 11-27-2017, 05:45 PM   #4

Tennessee
I wonder how many states will allow that to be classified as a motor home? Class A licenses aren't cheap or easy to come by. Far better than buying a used one ton diesel, good luck.
Old 11-27-2017, 06:05 PM   #5

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwest450 View Post
I wonder how many states will allow that to be classified as a motor home? Class A licenses aren't cheap or easy to come by. Far better than buying a used one ton diesel, good luck.
Howdy wildwest450,

Most States make some kind of provision for a class 8-7 truck to be de-comercilized, some call them a privet truck, some a house car, some a motor home, each State has its own version of what type of license is needed.

In most States that allow the truck to be reconfigured, remove the commercial hitch, install a port-ta-potty, microwave, refrigerator, wire for shore power, etc it easy to get the truck registered and titles as an RV, as its now an RV all that's needed to drive it is a regular drivers license. As this truck is already registered and titled as an RV it should be EASY to have it registered and titled as such in nearly any State.

Dave