slideout adjustment - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2020, 11:46 AM   #1

Pennsylvania
slideout adjustment

Has anyone here adjusted a cable system slide-out? I am quite sure that the bottom of my slide is not going out far enough. I have not had a lot of luck finding a good video on you tube so If anyone has info that would be great.

jhlapinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 03:12 PM   #2

California
Search this forum. There are comments about the slides not going all the way out on some units because they switched from one type of slide to another (I believe to cable from Schwintec). I think it has to do with how the brackets are mounted onto the slide.

Also, somebody posted the maintenance manual for our cable slides here too. But I am pretty sure adjustments are if one side goes out further than the other or top and bottom are out of align. I don’t believe there is an adjustment to make the entire slide go out further.

Old 10-24-2020, 02:00 PM   #3

Pennsylvania
Thanks. Ill look some more. The top of my slide is good, Just need the bottom to pull out an inch or two more.
Old 10-25-2020, 12:52 PM   #4

Florida
If you have the cables on the top and bottom of your slide, do a google search for BAL ACCUSLIDE cable adjustment. You will need to get at the top of your slide and do the adjustment with the slide out Is there any slack in the cables when the slide is in or out (you can see them on the ends of the slide).

https://www.dutchmenowners.org/forum...bles-7003.html
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 03:47 PM   #5

California
slideout adjustment

I didn’t realize the slide was tilted. I thought you were saying the entire slide was stopping short. I agree with the others that as the top and bottom are not going out the same that you do in fact need to adjust the cables. I would try to have it done sooner than later too because uneven travel could cause the slide to meet resistance which in turn could wear the motor or overly stress the gearbox which could break off teeth etc. and start to slip or jolt and eventually freeze up.

I also agree you might want to leave this to a pro or at least get some help from one before you take it on by yourself. Like most jobs, the first is always the hardest with all the learning going on.

Good luck.
Old 10-26-2020, 12:07 PM   #6

Pennsylvania
Thanks all. I hope to work on it next week.
Old 10-28-2020, 08:53 PM   #7

Illinois
There are some pretty good youtube videos out that show you how to adjust the cables. Just remember to do them sequentially or you will cause binding.
acdii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 11:31 PM   #8

New York
basically, all four corners have adjustments for either retraction or extension
barrymerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 05:37 PM   #9

Arizona
I have a 28'Kodiak and my slide does not go all the way out. It is 2" from the wall. I found that the cable brackets are installed on the wrong side so the brackets hit the wall first. Dealer contacted Dutchman and they refused to fix it. They said it was suppose to be that way. So when there is a wind hitting the side of the trailer it comes right on pass the slide. So I am just saying you are probably on your own. And good luck finding any service manuals on it. They don't exist. I have tried and tried and they just say read your owners manual. If you know a aircraft mechanic they work on cable systems all the time so they might help. I know cause I am a A&P mechanic and spent 43 years working on A/C.

tucray @aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote