Shower Stall (corner) Seperation - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2013, 03:42 PM   #1

Tennessee
Smile Shower Stall (corner) Seperation

My 2005 Classic's corner shower stall is seperating from the wall on the top right corner. I'm guessing from vibration. My first inclination is to use "tough as nails" adhesive. I'm wondering how long that would last with further vibration. (Not even sure how to keep constant pressure on the corner until it cures) Next inclination is to install a small anchor bolt but I thinking that is not a good idea since it was not originally attached that way. Any advise would be helpful! Thanks!

Sailmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:58 PM   #2

Colorado
If you use an anchor make sure to seal it all up with silicon. As to an idea for holding it place while an adhesive dries, I use those expanding bars that go across a pickup bed to contain cargo. Might be a little awkward depending on the bath configuration but you should be able to go from one wall to another to brace it. Personally I would go with the adhesive and there is one of those contruction adhesives that is specifically for tub surrounds and shower walls.

2013 Infinity 3640RL with Trailair pin box
2008 F-250 King Ranch Power Stroke diesel with B&W Companion Slider hitch
Chalkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:20 PM   #3

Tennessee
Thanks Chalkie! I will use your advise and go with the adhesive. If I cant source a cargo holder perhaps. 2 x 4 and shims will suffice. (jury-rig usually works for me!)
Sailmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:23 PM   #4

Colorado
Wally World has the bars for about $20. They are handy for the truck but I also used them to hold up the wall cabinets in my kitchen when we were remodeling.

2013 Infinity 3640RL with Trailair pin box
2008 F-250 King Ranch Power Stroke diesel with B&W Companion Slider hitch
Chalkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 03:51 AM   #5

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailmaker View Post
My 2005 Classic's corner shower stall is seperating from the wall on the top right corner. I'm guessing from vibration. My first inclination is to use "tough as nails" adhesive. I'm wondering how long that would last with further vibration. (Not even sure how to keep constant pressure on the corner until it cures) Next inclination is to install a small anchor bolt but I thinking that is not a good idea since it was not originally attached that way. Any advise would be helpful! Thanks!
The Lapage product PL 700 tub surround adhesive is designed specifically your application.

Most box stores have a version with their branding, it is usually a few dollars less expensive.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote