Pre-wired AC in bedroom - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 07-23-2013, 01:31 AM   #1

California
Pre-wired AC in bedroom

Who has some input on the second AC unit in the bedroom (of a Denali) where it is pre-wired for it. Who has done it? Was it easy? How much? Is there a specific AC unit (I think it's supposed to be 13.5 BTU) we're supposed to use? Thanks for the input.

Jlew127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:41 PM   #2

Texas
I don't have a denali but, I had one installed from the dealer on my Voltage. I had them use a 15k unit. It was part of my deal but, I think it is a fairly straight forward install. Should be between $800-$1000 turnkey. I believe that the vent that is there has the same size cutout needed for the unit and there should be a 3 wire hookup from there.

firestone bags with AirRide wireless auto level Curt Q20 on R5 rails
Jbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:10 PM   #3

California
Thanks Jbee. That's what I wanted to hear. I figured the roof cutout would not need to be modified, that would be a lot of work. And only a 3 wire connection makes sense. I'm going to shop around for a dealer who has one of the 13.5 units for over the bedroom. I'm still getting used to the bigger 5th wheel, but it doesn't cool off quickly like my little TT did, especially in this heat.
Jlew127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:31 PM   #4

Texas
Even with the 2 units, if I wait until it is already getting hot out to try and cool it down, it can take a while but, it is significantly faster than a single unit alone but, we have seen days well over 100 here since we got the camper. It will cool down to 65 if you want once the sun goes down with no problem. The bedroom will get as cold as you can handle any time of the day if you close it off and are not trying to help the rest of the trailer. We use fans to circulate the air.
firestone bags with AirRide wireless auto level Curt Q20 on R5 rails
Jbee is offline   Reply With Quote