Our Kodiak 276BHSL mods - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-02-2021, 03:24 AM   #1
Cat

Florida
Our Kodiak 276BHSL mods

So, we've purchased a used 2015 Kodiak 276bhsl. The previous owner stripped everything that wasn't nailed down, so it's been interesting buying everything we needed for our first camping trip. I don't even want to think about it! LOL

Anyways, we bought two gel-foam mattress toppers for the two bunks; they are standard full size, with just the corner cut off so easy enough to trim them myself.

The master queen mattress was HORRIBLE. Luckily, out daughter had a nice foam mattress they'd bought and not used, so we're sleeping on a 10" foam Casper. REALLY comfortable.

I've cornered the market on 3M Command hooks and have used them everywhere. Including inside the kitchen cabinet doors for dishrags; inside the "closets" in the master for hats, shirts, etc,; 3M caddies on the bathroom wall next to the vanity and inside the storage closet; and the velcro picture hangers for attaching power supply cords for phone chargers and installing wireless LED lights inside all the closets/pantries.

We've replaced the shower head with a new Oxygenics one, and added a cut-off valve to completely shut off the showerhead and conserve water (potential boondocking).

Installed a hitch on the back bumper for our bicycle rack.

Used spray foam to secure all openings in the underbelly (and there were MANY).

And that's about all I can remember now. I have a few questions and am looking for suggestions, but I'll post them in the proper forums after searching first.

Old 03-07-2021, 11:40 AM   #2

North Carolina
We bought our Coleman Expedition 16QB as a salvage, and though the trailer and built-ins were in great shape, someone along the line stripped everything g of value, including the tv, the table, radio and, get this, the leveling jacks. I was seasick after our shakedown cruise.Good luck with your replacements. We also have a long, long list.

Travel Kats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 12:25 PM   #3
Cat

Florida
Yikes! Our list seems minor compared to yours.

Thank you.
Old 03-07-2021, 12:37 PM   #4

North Carolina
They also took the screen door, a part that is impossible to find without the whole door casing. But we asked for it, buying a salvage vehicle. It’s not so heartbreaking, since the Coleman is just for us to use while we renovate our 73 Airstream. It’s still a nice little trailer, and worth a little investment.
Travel Kats is offline   Reply With Quote