New roof build questions - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 08-22-2019, 06:35 PM   #1

Texas
New roof build questions

I have a 1995 Dutchmen 1204 pop up camper. When I got it, the roof was already removed. All 4 of the 3 tier lift posts seem to be in good condition - straight with no gaps. But the very top of the lift post, where you would attach the roof bracket to the posts, are all a little tweaked (slightly bent). They appear to be easily straightened. One of my questions is whether the very top section which appears to be centered in the middle of the posts, are in the correct position. When the posts are lowered, the roof brackets are about 1/2 inch or so inside the top rail of the camper. So, if I were to attach the new sides to it, the wood would sit on the camper instead of outside and below the top of the camper rail. Is this right? Also, the roof AC unit, which originally sat on 4 styrofoam blocks (1 in each corner) did not have a gasket or seal around it. I cannot figure how rain did not leak into the camper. I can tell by looking at the original AC opening when I removed the AC unit for the roof that there were no gaskets or seals ever installed on it. Any information, suggestion, tips, etc would be greatly appreciated.

hou5909a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 07:46 PM   #2

Florida
https://www.hannarv.com/rvTrailerQuestions

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C...uL6-TSsIduobM:

ANY OF THIS STUFF HELP?

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 07:55 PM   #3

Texas
I really appreciate you responding. But, unfortunately, I don't see what I'm looking for. But thanks again.
hou5909a is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roof brackets, roof build