Since I already had their keyless locks for both of my entry doors on the Voltage... I decided to take advantage of the 30% off sale that RVlock.com had this past holiday weekend to get their cargo locks too for my 2 basement doors & the exterior TV door.
Replacement was fairly easy, though it did require a little bit of modification to the door, and a slight movement of the interior catch.
The original slam locks have an offset latch... whereas on the new RVlocks, the latch is center mass. This required the cutting-away & enlargement of some of recess in the door where the latch part would rest.
Next, the metal loop that makes up the interior catch had to be removed & moved about an inch to accommodate the new position of the latch. While this normally wouldn't be that much of an issue... the catch is not only secured to the interior casing by 2 screws, but they also pop-riveted it to the casing. Removing it required a bit of prying, which unfortunately bent up the lip of the casing a bit. Nothing major, but just a PITA.
The 1st photo below shows the offset latch of the original slam lock... and the other photos are of the exterior TV door, and were taken right after the completed install. I purposely didn't clean the door yet, or finish straightening the lip before I took the photos, so you could see the outline of where the original slam lock was, and how the lip was chewed up a bit prying off the rivets. I've since cleaned things up to where you can barely tell any work was done.
Anyway, I no longer need any keys to secure or open up the basement or the exterior TV compartments... and if I ever do need a key, all the locks are keyed alike to my entry doors. Nice only needing that single key on the ring.