Coleman Lantern 17B, want to replace "window"/wall AC with mini split. - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 05-25-2022, 05:05 PM   #1

Virginia
Coleman Lantern 17B, want to replace "window"/wall AC with mini split.

Hi All,

I am in the process of replacing my ac with a mini split. I have determined that a bumper mount is the best spot for the outdoor unit and will be ordering bumper brackets and a strong mount to secure the outside positioning. I am going to put the inside unit over where the AC is now. I am wondering what the best route would be to run the copper lines to the indoor unit and what all of your experience is with running cabling along the exterior wall, dealing with studs and that sort of thing.

Thanks!

chipset85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 12:40 AM   #2

Florida
I have also been looking at doing this.
And putting the unit in the Front storage
Compartment. I’ve seen a couple YouTube
Vids on this. Very quite and colder than roof units
All our best Central Florida

Ovalvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 01:11 AM   #3

Virginia
Im planning on mounting the outer unit to a bracket on the rear bumper and have the indoor unit above where the second bunk bed is (i will be removing the bunk). I will then use the space where the AC is now as more overhead storage. If you want to put the indoor mini split where the AC is now you would need 25' of hose instead of 16'. Anyways the hose/cable/copper run goes in to the wall/paneling then straight down from inside, i am then pulling it back out of the wall/paneling near the bottom and sending it through yet another opening (3 holes total) through the floor to travel underneath. From there the copper/cables make a 90 degree bend and rest on the remaining bars as they make their way to the back of the travel trailer to the outdoor unit. I have my solar system in this back rear compartment as well so access and cutting works out for me.
chipset85 is offline   Reply With Quote