Cable in RV - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-02-2013, 12:02 AM   #1

Cable in RV

Today I hooked my new sat antenna and receiver to the unit to see how it worked or if I needed to make some modifications to the Winegard antenna amp. After hooking up everything the only place I could get a sat signal was the main tv in the livingroom. Off came the 10 cent cable ends that looked like they were put on by a drunk using pliers to crimp the old style ends. Boy were they bad workmanship. The 3 way splitter was pure junk so into the garbage it went. I used high quality cable ends I got from a cable man and a high quality splitter. All the TV connections were changed out. I could not find one splitter hidden somewhere in the unit to change out. I know its there as I got a schematic from Dutchmen for my model Voltage that shows it but that thing is hidden somewhere in the wall behind the range.

When I fired up the satellite receiver again I had TV in all four rooms. The only bad tv picture was in the toyhauler part. Its that hidden splitter I could not find thats blocking part of the signal I know.

If anyone is having TV issues or cannot get the satellite to feed all the tv's then I suggest finding your cable buddy for a dozen or so compression fittings and some decent splitters. Tomorrow I will call Dutchmen and see if they can tell me where the hidden splitter is located. I think that will fix the tv problem in the cargo bay.
I think I just proved wrong the theory the Winegard air amp not allowing satellite signal through. Mine does just fine.

BTW if anyone with a Voltage knows where that double splitter is located for the 3200 model please advise me.

Tanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:49 PM   #2

No post.. drat... so I called Dutchmen. They advise the last splitter is behind the radio in the bay. of course where else. FYI

Tanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:05 PM   #3

Florida
Thanks for the tips. We'll be hooking up the satellite this weekend for the first time so hopefully we won't run into any issues. If we do, we know a good cable guy.
2015 Dodge 3500 DW Mega Cab
LindaH is offline   Reply With Quote