Assistance Installing Winegard Connect2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2021, 06:19 PM   #1

Washington
Assistance Installing Winegard Connect2

I have a Kodiak 201QB that came with a Winegard 360 installed on the roof and pre-wired for the Winegard2.0 WIFI extender + 4G LTE. I have located the access point on the roof for the 2.0 unit which has the power wire, etc.; however, I need to know where to install the off/on switch. Has anyone installed one of these on a pre-wired TT. All the info I have found so far says there is a cover plate on the interior ceiling to access the wiring; there is no cover plate or access point I can find in the interior. Where does the power wire go from the access point, where can I access the power wire inside so I can install the off/on switch? Any suggestion or help would be appreciated.

Logging the miles in the USA. Adventure awaits around every corner.
kjlarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 09:36 PM   #2

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjlarson View Post
I have a Kodiak 201QB that came with a Winegard 360 installed on the roof and pre-wired for the Winegard2.0 WIFI extender + 4G LTE. I have located the access point on the roof for the 2.0 unit which has the power wire, etc.; however, I need to know where to install the off/on switch. Has anyone installed one of these on a pre-wired TT. All the info I have found so far says there is a cover plate on the interior ceiling to access the wiring; there is no cover plate or access point I can find in the interior. Where does the power wire go from the access point, where can I access the power wire inside so I can install the off/on switch? Any suggestion or help would be appreciated.
My 360 has a cover plate that has two power wires and three coax cables directly below the 360. If you don’t have that, maybe they left it out... the power switch is located on a switch plate next to your main tv. There is a small button that turned the amplifier on.. light off,amp off, light on,amp on...

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 02:54 PM   #3

Delaware
I have a Kodiak 3371, not the same as yours but i found access point in bathroom ceiling.
I also found wifi and tv antennae off/on switches in bedroom on side of cabinet
Old 02-27-2021, 09:26 PM   #4

Arizona
I have a 200 QB. I also dont have an access plate. When turning on the TV, boom, its works. Maybe they went automatic ?
steve weston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 11:15 PM   #5

Texas
My Astoria 2513RLF was pre-wired for the ConnecT 2.0. There was no need to install the on/off switch because it was already installed on the coax switch plate behind the TV. One side had a small button for the antenna and the other side had a small button for the ConnecT wifi.
Widedomain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 11:54 AM   #6

Ontario
Look on the roof

My 2020 AspenTrail LT has the wineguard pre-installed and I found the access plate, about 4x4, outside on the roof over the bathroom.
The tv receptacle on the ceiling has buttons for wineguard and power antenna.
Though I must admit I’ve never setup or used the system.

Kdenby17 is offline   Reply With Quote