2340BHS organizing - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 04-29-2020, 07:30 PM   #1

Ontario
2340BHS organizing

I got tired of working around ro taking the WD bars in and out while camping so i came up with this while loading our new trailer. after the photo was taken i installed a hinged support leg on the right side of the first bracket to keep the factory framing from sagging over time. other pic is my misc towing hardware magnet and broom rack.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WD Bar Storage.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	6231   Click image for larger version

Name:	Misc Storage.jpg
Views:	339
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	6232  

cleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 08:30 PM   #2

Alabama
Cool, thanks for sharing!

Revere411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 09:49 PM   #3

Illinois
Pretty neat, keeps them out of the way. I bought one of those hitch holders that bolts to the frame, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The chains can be locked together and the head can be secured with a locking receiver pin. Need to have room on the front frame for it though and on mine it is a tight fit, but keeps them organized and out of the way. Yours keeps them out of the weather though, but what are you doing for the head itself?
acdii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 03:02 AM   #4

Ontario
I built this prototype head rack to keep it from flopping around. Little clumsy a.t.m but once the hardware stores reopen I can work on the next generation.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20200418_170822.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	6245  
Old 05-09-2020, 03:53 PM   #5

California
I store my bars across the tongue behind the tanks and use a padlock on each chain around the frame. My hitch is stored as in the picture. I used a rear bumper mount and to buy longer bolts and used pressure treated 2x4 for the spacer.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	0223161056.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	6255   Click image for larger version

Name:	0223161056a.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	6256  

Mike & Emily-Sacramento, CA
Our 4th trailer (2016 Aspen Trail 1900RB)
2018 F150 STX 2.7 Eco Boost
chily3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 05:56 PM   #6

Ontario
That's a good setup. Too bad I sold my bumper hitch.
Old 02-20-2021, 03:34 PM   #7

Montana
I just got a 2340bhs haven't even picked up yet. These are good ideas across the board. On my old unit, my only mod was to put a drill holster on the back wall and keep an old cordless drill with the manual stabilizer bit always hooked up ready to go. But now I have electric stabilizers... I'm going to look hard at everything you did under there. Good ideas...
Redfour5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 09:37 PM   #8

Idaho
That's a great idea! Been wondering what to do with those bars. (We have the 2340BHS as well! )
UTNative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 03:56 PM   #9

Montana
You are handy. Notice how the heat vent is located there at the end of the queen bed? I'm like, Oh, that's gonna work... I'm going to take some scrap dog ear fencing I've got, cut it in half and then to length to the walkway and miter a piece for inside the box to get the flow moving to the walkway. I'll likely make so the flow goes to only one side. Can flip it to see which side is best if need be...
Redfour5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 06:07 PM   #10

Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by chily3 View Post
I store my bars across the tongue behind the tanks and use a padlock on each chain around the frame. My hitch is stored as in the picture. I used a rear bumper mount and to buy longer bolts and used pressure treated 2x4 for the spacer.
A quick question: I see in those photos that you have a metal bar locking system around your battery box. Following where the strap goes. Where did you get that? I am looking for a somewhat inexpensive option just like that. When I do searches for "locking battery box," I get a ton of very expensive (yes, very nice as well) heavy metal boxes. Beyond price, I don't want to add the weight of a heavy metal box to the tongue.
Old 03-05-2021, 06:08 PM   #11

Idaho
That's an interesting idea! Be sure to share the result when you put it together