213RBSL-Has anyone installed a Bumper Cargo Carrier? - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 09-17-2016, 02:52 PM   #21

Georgia
Thumbs up

Went up to the dealer today to drop off the 213 for the Fridge issue and talked to them about a Frame Mounted Accessory Hitch for Cargo Carrier/Bike Rack etc.

Ultra-Fab Products, Inc.|Manufacturer and Supplier of RV Accessories & Industrial Lift Assists

They are welding it directly to the frame rails, a certified welder will do the work.. May have to remove skid guards and move the rear stabilizers forward 3-6" to get it welded on good. They quoted 2-3 hours labor to install it and it will not void the warranty.

I can't fab something up this cheap! So I pulled the trigger and left the 213 there to get it done. Will post pics when I get the 213 back with it installed.

Now to find a decent 60" cargo carrier!

2016 Aerolite 213RBSL
2013 F150 3.5 Ecoboost Tow Package
gjwinner850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 06:12 PM   #22
Site Team

North Carolina
I bought this cargo carrier from Northern Tools and this bag to go in it. Well pleased with both!

Aaron

wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 07:11 PM   #23
Site Team

North Carolina
Here is a picture of the carrier installed on my MH, don't have a picture of the bag for some reason, however it fits inside the carrier and is waterproof. We tested it out on our last trip.

Aaron

wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 07:20 PM   #24

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
Here is a picture of the carrier installed on my MH, don't have a picture of the bag for some reason, however it fits inside the carrier and is waterproof. We tested it out on our last trip.

Aaron

Thanks, it looks great! Will have to stop by Northern Tool

2016 Aerolite 213RBSL
Old 09-17-2016, 07:31 PM   #25

Texas
That DOES look nice and tidy. Slick.

And takes a few pounds off the tongue weight to boot!
2003 Ram 2500 Cummins (can't kill this beast)
snakebitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 12:29 PM   #26

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjwinner850 View Post
Went up to the dealer today to drop off the 213 for the Fridge issue and talked to them about a Frame Mounted Accessory Hitch for Cargo Carrier/Bike Rack etc.

Ultra-Fab Products, Inc.|Manufacturer and Supplier of RV Accessories & Industrial Lift Assists

They are welding it directly to the frame rails, a certified welder will do the work.. May have to remove skid guards and move the rear stabilizers forward 3-6" to get it welded on good. They quoted 2-3 hours labor to install it and it will not void the warranty.

I can't fab something up this cheap! So I pulled the trigger and left the 213 there to get it done. Will post pics when I get the 213 back with it installed.

Now to find a decent 60" cargo carrier!

Hello All,
I picked up my 213 from the dealer Saturday with the accessory hitch installed. Looks good although I did have to get some glossy black Rustoleum to touch up here and there, here are a few pics. Cargo Carrier (ProSeries 63153) and the Generator (Champion 2800/3100 Gas/LPG Invertor) should arrive today. Will post pics after I assemble it and install this Saturday.
I think I caught the Mod Bug....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hitch1.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	3626   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hitch2.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	3627   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hitch3.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	3628  

2016 Aerolite 213RBSL
Old 09-27-2016, 06:37 PM   #27

Texas
You DO have the bug! (I've browsed all your threads)

It's an awesome little TT that just begs for the nice touches you are doing.
Looking forward to your "action" posts too. (On the road)

Since you are so willing, I can't resist mentioning that you can swap out the Television mount with one that extends much further out, thus allowing a much more adjustable "range of viewing" than the factory one does.

I'm not a big TV watcher, but Netflix did just release the 5th season of Longmire.
So I can now watch it from bed with the right angle on the screen.

Cheap on Amazon and easy to swap out.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 09-27-2016, 10:06 PM   #28

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakebitten View Post
You DO have the bug! (I've browsed all your threads)

It's an awesome little TT that just begs for the nice touches you are doing.
Looking forward to your "action" posts too. (On the road)

Since you are so willing, I can't resist mentioning that you can swap out the Television mount with one that extends much further out, thus allowing a much more adjustable "range of viewing" than the factory one does.

I'm not a big TV watcher, but Netflix did just release the 5th season of Longmire.
So I can now watch it from bed with the right angle on the screen.

Cheap on Amazon and easy to swap out.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Hi Snakebitten - Thanks, for the kind comments and recommendation! I will definitely have to put that Wall Mount on the "Mod Bug List". We are not big on TV while camping either, but if it's raining it ends up being turned on.

PS We always liked watching Longmire too!

Thank again!

2016 Aerolite 213RBSL
Old 09-27-2016, 11:30 PM   #29

Tennessee
2 questions, where's the black tank flush? Mines dead center just above the bumper. And what's up with those rear stabilizers, mine has scissor jacks, a lot has changed in 2 years on these campers.
Old 09-27-2016, 11:48 PM   #30

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawniewest View Post
2 questions, where's the black tank flush? Mines dead center just above the bumper. And what's up with those rear stabilizers, mine has scissor jacks, a lot has changed in 2 years on these campers.
Hi Dawniewest,
The black tank flush is on the left side behind the slide, above the black water drain in the same area as electric, fresh water, outdoor "shower" (not), and solar electrical port.
The 2016 has electric stabilizer jacks, also controlled by the remote control
I'll attach a photo tomorrow

2016 Aerolite 213RBSL
Old 09-27-2016, 11:53 PM   #31

Texas
Edit: I was typing similar response. An echo, it appears.

dawniewest,

They must have moved the flush valves. Both gray and black are behind the rear wheel. Down below the rear fridge vent and all the various hookups. (water, black tank sprayer, solar panel hookup, cable tv, and quick connect outside water sprayer)

Front & rear stabilizers are electric. Not sure if it was an option, or is standard now. No scissor jacks.
Old 09-28-2016, 12:16 AM   #32

Tennessee
Quote:
Hi Dawniewest,
The black tank flush is on the left side behind the slide, above the black water drain in the same area as electric, fresh water, outdoor "shower" (not), and solar electrical port.
How dare you! Electric jacks on a lil mini camper? My greatest joy in setting up is taking an hour (3 beers) to gently raise each scissor jack perfectly level with my cordless drill. Wonder why they needed to move the black tank? I'm assuming they did if the flush valve was moved.

I already have two tv remotes and a direct tv remote, one more and I would have to buy a 3/4 ton truck to haul them.
Old 09-28-2016, 12:24 AM   #33

Tennessee
Quote:
They must have moved the flush valves. Both gray and black are behind the rear wheel. Down below the rear fridge vent and all the various hookups. (water, black tank sprayer, solar panel hookup, cable tv, and quick connect outside water sprayer)

Front & rear stabilizers are electric. Not sure if it was an option, or is standard now. No scissor jacks.
Both of my tanks are behind the rear wheel as the dump valve is behind the water/electric/cable/sprayer hook ups. Not sure how or why they shifted the tanks, there's not that much room under there.
Old 09-28-2016, 12:24 AM   #34

Texas
If it makes ya feel better dawniewest, I've never used the remote. It sits nicely in a cradle next to the control panel. (Mounted in first kitchen upper cabinet just as you enter the door) So just to fetch the remote, you are already standing in front of the control panel buttons themselves. Just seemed easier to go ahead and use the panel.

As a result, I don't remember how to use the remote. I don't even know the pin number to gain access to it. Lol

And like so many things, I can't find any documentation.

So I can't even show off with it.
Old 09-28-2016, 12:56 AM   #35

Texas
Ok, I searched the forum, found a post about getting past the pin.

Played with the remote.

I MIGHT use it for awning. It's kinda cool not to open the door to get to panel.

The other things that it controls I would rather be at the panel for.
The electric jacks? I am going to be right there watching them deploy, so the manual button control for each jack is already located where you should be when deploying them.

And finally, the remote button labeled "Light"......
I don't know which light it is supposed to control. I can "hear" the electrical relay click each time I press the remote. But no light that I can find is being controlled.

However, since I can see the relay and access it easily, I might wire it up for our big fancy Purple LED V that is on the front canopy. Now THAT would be cool!

Wouldn't have to go outside to turn that crazy cool sign on.

That big V should be on a Voltage.
Old 09-28-2016, 01:25 AM   #36

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawniewest View Post
How dare you! Electric jacks on a lil mini camper? My greatest joy in setting up is taking an hour (3 beers) to gently raise each scissor jack perfectly level with my cordless drill. Wonder why they needed to move the black tank? I'm assuming they did if the flush valve was moved.

I already have two tv remotes and a direct tv remote, one more and I would have to buy a 3/4 ton truck to haul them.
Too funny! That was my standard routine with our pop-up....Ryobi Drill & Beer!

2016 Aerolite 213RBSL
Old 09-28-2016, 01:30 AM   #37

Georgia
Quote:
Ok, I searched the forum, found a post about getting past the pin.

Played with the remote.

I MIGHT use it for awning. It's kinda cool not to open the door to get to panel.

The other things that it controls I would rather be at the panel for.
The electric jacks? I am going to be right there watching them deploy, so the manual button control for each jack is already located where you should be when deploying them.

And finally, the remote button labeled "Light"......
I don't know which light it is supposed to control. I can "hear" the electrical relay click each time I press the remote. But no light that I can find is being controlled.

However, since I can see the relay and access it easily, I might wire it up for our big fancy Purple LED V that is on the front canopy. Now THAT would be cool!

Wouldn't have to go outside to turn that crazy cool sign on.

That big V should be on a Voltage.
Try pin 0000
Like you the remote pretty much stays in the "holster"
Our remote light switch controls the awning light, but that would neat to make control that blue V!
I actually have pulled out a chair, opened it up, sat down, cracked a cold one and lowered the jacks with the remote It's a hard life, but someone has to live it

2016 Aerolite 213RBSL
Old 09-28-2016, 02:40 PM   #38

British Columbia
Quote:
Hi Dawniewest,
Winner,

Have you ever had a camper with scissor jacks?

If you have your gonna love those stabilzers, our old Airstream had them and we didn't know what a rocking trailer felt like. No matter how much blocking I use to keep the jacks as short as possible, it's back to rocking an' rolling. I even took the sign down about not "knockin."

I've given up on everything except but going back to the opposing force leveler. I'm at the point in life where I need to make thing simpler, not add another RV industry bandaide.

Just make sure you put them little puppies go to the top of maintenance list. Keep them lubed up and replace worn parts as quickly as you can. Our old Airstream could have benefited from a new set of footpads and rubber, but they still worked beyond great.

When I was a kid I was going nowhere fast, now I'm an old man I'm going everywhere slow.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 04:10 PM   #39

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by hddecker View Post
Winner,

Have you ever had a camper with scissor jacks?

If you have your gonna love those stabilzers, our old Airstream had them and we didn't know what a rocking trailer felt like. No matter how much blocking I use to keep the jacks as short as possible, it's back to rocking an' rolling. I even took the sign down about not "knockin."

I've given up on everything except but going back to the opposing force leveler. I'm at the point in life where I need to make thing simpler, not add another RV industry bandaide.

Just make sure you put them little puppies go to the top of maintenance list. Keep them lubed up and replace worn parts as quickly as you can. Our old Airstream could have benefited from a new set of footpads and rubber, but they still worked beyond great.
Hey Jim,

Yes our Flagstaff 425D Pop-Up had them. Zipped them up and down with the drill and they worked well. But just as you mentioned you have to maintain them. After returning from a trip, I would bring my small air compressor around and blow them off real good and hit them with some spray silicone. But don't ever let the dirt build up on them or pull away before raising them (don't ask me how I know )

2016 Aerolite 213RBSL
Old 09-28-2016, 05:10 PM   #40

Georgia
Quote:
Hi Dawniewest,
Here is that photo, sorry not a close up, but should give you a better idea. On this trip we did not have a sewer hook up. If I recall the Black Tank Flush is above the fresh water inlet. Sorry camper is stored about 5 miles from my home and didn't get a chance to get over there last evening.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	213 Connections.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	3638  

2016 Aerolite 213RBSL