213RBSL and Furrion 10A Solar Charge Port - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 10-15-2016, 12:23 PM   #1

Georgia
213RBSL and Furrion 10A Solar Charge Port

Hello All,

Not sure if this is new info to you all or not, if its been posted before, my apologies.

Since buying my 213 I have wondered what good is the Furrion Solar Charge port, what does it do, and if it is useful how do I connect to it. This is what I found out....

1. Its simply a 10amp (or less check your camper) fused connection to your TT Battery. I guess with the intent of you purchasing a Furrion ($$$) Solar Panel kit.

2) Furrion doesn't sell the connector nor does Aerolite. But you can buy it for $11 on eBay. See link below.

3) Besides plugging in a Solar Panel here, you can connect a battery charger, small air compressor, etc. I don't know about your 213 or other TT, but mine is a PIA to get to the battery behind the two LPG tanks, so its primary use for me will be to plug in my battery charger.

4) I ordered the connector from e-Bay (see link below) and received it yesterday. I plan on making a cord with the plug on one end and a female cigarette lighter adaptor on the other end. I have several other adaptors that will plug into this to give me some flexibility on how I can use the 12vdc power.

Here is where you can read more about the Fusion 10a Solar Plug and how/where to purchase the connector.

Hope helps some of you out!

Using the Furrion Solar Port.

2016 Aerolite 213RBSL
2013 F150 3.5 Ecoboost Tow Package
gjwinner850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 10:34 PM   #2
Site Team

North Carolina
I actually use mine for solar panels...

I bought a cable from Solar Dealz, I believe Zamp Solar imports that cable. I have a 100 watt Renogy Suitcase panels setup. Works great for topping up the batteries, especially if you are parked under the trees.

Great information on that page too, never thought about using it for powering things going the other way.

Aaron

wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 01:15 PM   #3

Georgia
Well I made up a 10' Cable with a Battery Tender 7.5amp Fused end on one end, the Furrion 10amp connector on the other end. Also purchased a Battery Tender 12vdc Accessory Cigarette Lighter Plug and a Battery Tender Alligator Clips.

Now I can charge my battery through the Solar Port with my Battery Tender & charge 12vdc accessories via the Alligator Clips & Accessory Plug.

Who knows, some day I may even Plug a Solar Panel in that there Solar Plug
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2429.jpg
Views:	388
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	3698  

2016 Aerolite 213RBSL
2013 F150 3.5 Ecoboost Tow Package
gjwinner850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 07:18 PM   #4
Site Team