Florida RV Camping Aeas - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Lifestyle | Camping, Fun & Hobbies > Around the Campfire - The Art of Camping Well
Click Here to Login

Old 12-17-2016, 03:52 PM   #1

Kentucky
Florida RV Camping Aeas

My wife and I have decided to go to Florida in March for our anniversary. Anyone with information they would like to share on camping areas in Florida? Particular sites between Pensacola and Panama City but any info or experiences you would like to share for any camping area in Florida would be greatly appreciated. We are not against a longer trip if there is a great place further south. Keeping in mind my wife would like to be close to the ocean. By close I mean open the widow and see it. LoL

Thanks in advance...

BarryD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 04:50 PM   #2

Florida
Welcome to the forum Marine! Thank you for your service and our freedom!

If you still have access to the military bases, you have some great options in my area (Panama City). In this area, we have Naval Support activity PC and Tyndall AFB which both have RV parks right on the gulf (sorry, no ocean just a gulf, LOL) and they are about half the price as out in town RV areas.

In Fort Walton Beach there is Eglin AFB and Hurlbert field which both have RV parks but not directly on the water. Eglin is close to the water but does not offer much shade and gets pretty dusty from the gravel lots and roads. I have not stayed at Hurlbert.

In Pcola, there is Blue Angels campground just outside of NAS Pcola.
My favorite is NSA Panama City in spots 25, 26, or 27. They are less than 40 feet to the gulf. (850)234-4402.

If you no longer have access, then here in PC there is St. Andrews State park. It is a little crowded and roads are full of pot holes, but it is a great park.
There is also Panama City RV Park just outside of St. Andrews but it is 3 blocks to the beach.

There are numerous state parks along the coast between Pcola and Panama City, just do a google search on camping along Florida's gulf coast. Most offer military discounts too.

The one draw back you are going to face is the time frame you plan on comming here, that is smack dap in the middle of collage spring break season on the gulf coast. Reserve your spot early and expect traffic as our roads here get pretty crowded then.

Hope this crust old chief helped you out some.....

The problem solver: 2017 Tiffin Breeze 32BR
Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 05:17 PM   #3

Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom View Post
Welcome to the forum Marine! Thank you for your service and our freedom!

If you still have access to the military bases, you have some great options in my area (Panama City). In this area, we have Naval Support activity PC and Tyndall AFB which both have RV parks right on the gulf (sorry, no ocean just a gulf, LOL) and they are about half the price as out in town RV areas.

In Fort Walton Beach there is Eglin AFB and Hurlbert field which both have RV parks but not directly on the water. Eglin is close to the water but does not offer much shade and gets pretty dusty from the gravel lots and roads. I have not stayed at Hurlbert.

In Pcola, there is Blue Angels campground just outside of NAS Pcola.
My favorite is NSA Panama City in spots 25, 26, or 27. They are less than 40 feet to the gulf. (850)234-4402.

If you no longer have access, then here in PC there is St. Andrews State park. It is a little crowded and roads are full of pot holes, but it is a great park.
There is also Panama City RV Park just outside of St. Andrews but it is 3 blocks to the beach.

There are numerous state parks along the coast between Pcola and Panama City, just do a google search on camping along Florida's gulf coast. Most offer military discounts too.

The one draw back you are going to face is the time frame you plan on comming here, that is smack dap in the middle of collage spring break season on the gulf coast. Reserve your spot early and expect traffic as our roads here get pretty crowded then.

Hope this crust old chief helped you out some.....
Thanks for all the great info Chief. We did not take into consideration all the spring breakers. That will definitely factor into our decision.

Thanks again...
Old 12-17-2016, 11:38 PM   #4

Florida
Top Sail is in the area, it is actually a state park but is a resort too. They have free transport to the beach, or you can walk too. also a couple of fresh water lakes, and even have free concerts (occasionally) really nice park, you can check on reserve America for dates any of the state parks have openings.
Old 12-18-2016, 12:31 AM   #5

Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by nineoaks View Post
Top Sail is in the area, it is actually a state park but is a resort too. They have free transport to the beach, or you can walk too. also a couple of fresh water lakes, and even have free concerts (occasionally) really nice park, you can check on reserve America for dates any of the state parks have openings.
Thanks for the info. My wife is checking Top Sail out now.
Old 12-18-2016, 01:53 PM   #6

Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryD View Post
Thanks for the info. My wife is checking Top Sail out now.
Top Sail was booked up the week want to go. Now going thru the long list of other parks.
Old 12-18-2016, 07:32 PM   #7

Illinois
Download the RV PARKY app on your phone. Easy to use and very complete. Searches by location.
2005 Harley Ultra Classic w/too many miles
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 12:44 AM   #8

Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcv800 View Post
Download the RV PARKY app on your phone. Easy to use and very complete. Searches by location.
I will give that a try.

Thanks...
Old 12-19-2016, 01:21 AM   #9

Kentucky
Ive camped here 2 times and the place is Santa Rosa RV Resort in Navarre, FL.This place is beautiful and is min. from the Navarre beach.And it has a heated pool And is a high end place.And another great thing about this place is it has everything you need around it. Check it out you wont be sorry.
Old 12-19-2016, 01:28 AM   #10

Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwcamp View Post
Ive camped here 2 times and the place is Santa Rosa RV Resort in Navarre, FL.This place is beautiful and is min. from the Navarre beach.And it has a heated pool And is a high end place.And another great thing about this place is it has everything you need around it. Check it out you wont be sorry.
I am currently awaiting final confirmation for a spot at Navarre Beach Campground.

Thanks everyone for all the great suggestions.
Old 12-22-2016, 12:35 AM   #11

Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryD View Post
I am currently awaiting final confirmation for a spot at Navarre Beach Campground.

Thanks everyone for all the great suggestions.
We are in for this site.