Zero G door. - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 05-09-2019, 04:26 AM   #1

Colorado
Zero G door.

My Voltage has the zero g door and after coming come one day in some weather, I found some snow in the garage around the bottom of the door. Today, I looked at the top of the door while it was shut quickly while doing a quick check on the trailer at the storage lot. I could see the door wasn't very tight at the top. Would anyone know if there Is there any adjustment to the door for the top? If not, I'll ad some weather striping.

Ctate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 09:41 AM   #2

New York
I believe that the latches on the top are adjustable, make sure your 9 volt battery is disconnected, and harness is plugged into the house 12 volt system.

barrymerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 01:27 PM   #3

Florida
Our voltage at times will have dried water streaks down the back door Went in during rainstorm and saw water coming in took pictures and sent it to camping world and also Dutchman took the camper back to camping world Dutchman replaced all the seals have not had issues since Hope this helps
Ovalvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 05:39 PM   #4

Michigan
I know on my 2017 3890 when I shut the zero G door I must open the service door to let the pressure get out as well my 3 season door .If I don't the top will not latch. I watched a video on this and I've had no trouble sense. Hope this helps.
Toolmaker89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 05:59 PM   #5

Colorado
I think I'm going to replace the seals with a thicker seal. There's no adjustment to the door so it can't close tighter.
Old 05-15-2019, 09:33 PM   #6

Texas
Be sure there is not a cable or pin on the door. Patio fence pins do not have to stick out very far or a cable to interfere with door closure
Old 05-16-2019, 01:24 AM   #7

Colorado
Yeah, none of that is the case. I wish it were something easy like that.
Old 05-16-2019, 03:33 PM   #8
RDJ

Washington
Our Voltage door seals pretty well, only a couple times in a few rain storms hitting the back of the trailer there is very little water running down the inside of the ramp door, another thing i did is caulk the seam on the inside of the ramp door where the floor meets the outside frame so water would not get into that area weather ramp was up or down to possibly help prevent delam on the outside of the door
Old 05-16-2019, 03:41 PM   #9

Colorado
I would think no water on the inside of the door would be ideal. My seal should arrive today and I'll get it on asap. I went camping last weekend and I could see daylight coming around the ramp door and it would get much colder in the back than the rest of the trailer. I used ratchet straps connecting from the bracket used for the wire to hold the door for the patio, to the lower bunkbed. That closed the door nice and tight and it was significantly warmer , probably just as warm as the rest of the trailer.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:26 PM   #10
RDJ

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctate View Post
I would think no water on the inside of the door would be ideal. My seal should arrive today and I'll get it on asap. I went camping last weekend and I could see daylight coming around the ramp door and it would get much colder in the back than the rest of the trailer. I used ratchet straps connecting from the bracket used for the wire to hold the door for the patio, to the lower bunkbed. That closed the door nice and tight and it was significantly warmer , probably just as warm as the rest of the trailer.
I caulked the inside of the rear door frame mainly if you had it down for loading when raining or loading something that may be wet etc.