Windish RV in Lakewood, Colorado - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 01-10-2013, 03:40 PM   #1

Oklahoma
Windish RV in Lakewood, Colorado

If it is allowed I like to hear any pros and cons regarding dealing with Windish RV in CO. Mainly the service department and how well if functions.

sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:08 AM   #2

quick to sell. i have a few warranty items for them this spring...we will see.

jjustj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:52 PM   #3

Colorado
We purchased our Komfort from Windish RV. I would rate them as average to above average. We had several warranty items repaired by them and the seemed to do a good job.

I would buy from them again.

Be Safe!!!!!
Cimriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:18 PM   #4

Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancer 87 View Post
If it is allowed I like to hear any pros and cons regarding dealing with Windish RV in CO. Mainly the service department and how well if functions.
I bought a 2012 Voltage 3950 from Windish RV and I still do not have answers to two issues I raised with their service department last summer. One regarding the rediculous installation of a heating duct and plumbing for a washer/dryer unit which was installed in the bottom part of the pantry rebdering the lower part of the pantry almost usless.
The second was regarding a remote control for the Haier TV which was installed in the garage. I rtequested a remote control as there no remote control provided when I picked up the unit.

As a result I cannot give Windish much of a rating as far as service goes. Once they get your money . . forget it!!
Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:16 AM   #5

British Columbia
Mike B this may help you with your question on that RV dealer Windish...you can use the search function on the forum it has help me..

Hope this helps

Coops
Canada
Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:35 PM   #6

Colorado
My opinion abour Windish differs from Tony's (post #4) I bought a Voltage 3200 from them in April, 2011. This is my third toyhauler, and the third dealer I have dealt with. I would rate them the best of the three.
The issue with the washer/dryer ducting and plumbing is a design and engineering problem, which is Dutchmens problem. Windish shouldn't be expected to reconstruct the trailer because of short comings in Dutchmens' house.
The missing TV remote may or may not be Windish's error, and some times it takes a long time for Dutchmen to respond to a dealer's request for parts.
Our Voltage was delivered without a sliding wire basket panty, which was specifically describe in the brochure, and which my wife was counting on. After Windish made several requests to Dutchmen to provide the wire basket pantry, they took one out of another trailer that had not been sold and installed it in our trailer.
Dirt1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:10 PM   #7

Washington
Thanks Dirt1st, that is good to hear. I agree with you on the other poster's issues, design not dealer.
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:53 PM   #8

New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt1st View Post
Our Voltage was delivered without a sliding wire basket panty, which was specifically describe in the brochure, and which my wife was counting on. After Windish made several requests to Dutchmen to provide the wire basket pantry, they took one out of another trailer that had not been sold and installed it in our trailer.
Do you know what Dutchmens position was on the basket? Ours is missing the living room divider and I've contacted Dutchmen via email and they ignored that question so I'm not sure if there is anyway to pursue it.
72mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:47 AM   #9

Colorado
I talked to a Dutchmen rep at an RV show here in Denver, and he said that they had given up on continuing to offer the wire basket pantry because of problems with the supplier of that component, so I was lucky that the dealer stepped up and took the pantry our of a trailer on their lot.

I suggest you contact Nate Goldenberg, Voltage Brand Manager at Dutchmen. His email is ngoldenberg@dutchmen.com. He has been very helpful to me in the past.
Dirt1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 10:43 PM   #10

Colorado
I live about 20 minutes from them. I have ordered parts from them for my 3950. I am trading the 3950 in for a 4150 in two weeks but from a different dealer far away. We will see how they are if I have warranty issues on a trailer I didn't buy from them. Spoke with Dutchman rep and he said they are required to perform warranty work. Every time I have gone in there they ask me if I bought the trailer there. Maybe a computer thing but I don't like the question.

Their inventory got crushed hard by the hailstorm in early May. Pained me to look at all those Airstreams.

They seem to fine from the interactions I have had.
Old 07-04-2017, 12:10 AM   #11

Illinois
I kind of doubt that they are required to do your warranty work. They don't work like car dealerships. However even if they are required, I guarantee you go to the bottom of the list, as they will take care of their customers first. Sometimes low price isn't always the way to go.
Rusty
2005 Harley Ultra Classic w/too many miles
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 01:20 AM   #12

Colorado
I bought a 2016 Voltage 3200 in March 2016. They've installed a satellite system and a solar system and have always fixed things adequately. Like all RV service departments they are extremely busy so you have to schedule appointments in advance. I use the Longmont service facility.
Its4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 07:49 AM   #13

Colorado
I bought my Voltage Epic 3800 from Windish in Lakewood.

My only real concern is with Service Dept. You go in, describe a problem you're having. Make an appointment to get it looked at. And then find out the date you set is just to take it in...has nothing to do with when it will actually be looked at and repairs made.

So I've just taken responsibility for making all the repairs and only using Windish when I need a Dutchmen part I can't find on the web.

Would I buy from them again? Hmmm...they have opened a new store on the South end of Colorado Springs. Haven't been in yet...but want to check it out. Yeah, I'll probably buy my next Toyhauler from them.

Pirate
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 09:07 AM   #14
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterScott View Post
I live about 20 minutes from them. I have ordered parts from them for my 3950. I am trading the 3950 in for a 4150 in two weeks but from a different dealer far away. We will see how they are if I have warranty issues on a trailer I didn't buy from them. Spoke with Dutchman rep and he said they are required to perform warranty work. Every time I have gone in there they ask me if I bought the trailer there. Maybe a computer thing but I don't like the question.

Their inventory got crushed hard by the hailstorm in early May. Pained me to look at all those Airstreams.

They seem to fine from the interactions I have had.
That is what Dutchmen says, however in reality it is much different. The RV industry IS NOT like the automotive industry when it comes to warranty work.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 12:49 PM   #15

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
That is what Dutchmen says, however in reality it is much different. The RV industry IS NOT like the automotive industry when it comes to warranty work.

Aaron
Fair points I guess. I am like others here, if it is a small issue I generally take care of it myself. Warranty work likes slides, electrical or gen set it will have to go to them and I will roll the dice.