Water Intrusion Schwintek Slide - Page 3 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 03-25-2016, 04:10 PM   #41

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by calewjohnson View Post
It took a few months for us to chase down a leak in the garage. It was from a window, but after doing everything under the sun, I got mad and took the silly thing out. Well, the hole is cut a little too big for the window and they used 1/4 inch wide wx stripping. I found some wx stripping that was the same width as the window lip, set the window in place, sprayed expanding foam all the way around the window, then put the inside frame back on...no problems since...

May end up pulling all the interior frames and filling with expanding foam. Will used closed cell foam, as it is waterprrof.

Cale
This is why I love my moisture meter, it will find water penetration before it becomes visible and has saturated stuff.

I never leave home without it.

When I was a kid I was going nowhere fast, now I'm an old man I'm going everywhere slow.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 07:53 PM   #42

Texas
Another issue, though not a leak, when I was in the low double digits (11F) the inside of my bedroom slide wardrobes had enough condensation to get cloths wet. I just left the doors open after discovering the issue and it was better.

Burl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 11:10 PM   #43

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper2b View Post
*Brand: DutchmenModel: Infinity 3850RLState: MainePosts: 61Schwintek water damageWe have finally realized (Dutchmen, Me, & RV repair facility) why my bedroom slide never really slid in up against the outside wall.

*WATER DAMAGE. This was created by the Schwintek bracket at the bottom corner. It was allowing rainwater to back in behind the bracket.

I Found the above on the Thor forum. Ive been in Gulf Shores Alabama for 2 months and noticed after all this rain we've had in the past few days corner is soaking wet. Dispite my extra efforts water is still coming in somewhere. Its on the very outer corner but its working its way inward which is not good. Ive sealed up all gear racks on the ends... facia... everything. I give up. Any suggestions, cant imagine where its coming from. Btw, I have toppers and have resealed everything up top as well!

Thanks
Slim
Same problem here on my 2013 V3950. Just got it back from the dealer having living room and bedroom slide floors replaced. DON'T PAY FOR THIS REPAIR!!! MAKE DUTCHMAN PAY! I had to breathe on my dealer pretty hard but they got Dutchman to pay.
Volsfan1nga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 12:37 AM   #44

South Carolina
Camper2b
I just found the same problems on both of my main slides today. What kind of epoxy and fillers did you use to make the repairs?
Thanks,
Gary
rcpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 02:55 AM   #45

Ontario
Where do you get these moisture meters?? I am from Ottawa, Ont., Canada.
Old 02-25-2018, 11:07 AM   #46
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired Mountie View Post
Where do you get these moisture meters?? I am from Ottawa, Ont., Canada.
They are used in the lumber industry and home inspection business. I have purchased them online and from industrial supply houses over the years. I think even Home Depot may carry them now.

Aaron

wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote