Voltage V. V-Series - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 12-13-2014, 02:34 PM   #1

California
Voltage V. V-Series

Not looking to start any wars here, but I am generally interested on what the major differences are between the two. The biggest difference for me is weight because I only have a SRW one ton. I am pretty close to purchasing the V3605, but just want to make sure I didn't miss something that I must have in a regular voltage (forcing me to consider a new dually at the same time).

From the research I have done, I have noticed that it seems the 2015 V-Series has even more available options over previous years... then again the price has almost caught up to the Voltage by the time you add all of them in as well. I especially like the new painted cap though with.

Anyways, would love to hear from you Voltage owners to see what the difference was that pushed you in that direction.

KeithE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 04:29 PM   #2

New Jersey
I've always considered the Voltage V series as the "value" line to sell in at a lower price point. There are typically less features, for example, you don't get slam latch baggage doors, typically can't get the Epic packages, no fan in the main living space, no A/C option for the garage, etc.

As far as I can tell, the chassis, systems (furnace, A/C, range), as well as the build quality are otherwise the same.

Old 12-13-2014, 06:13 PM   #3

Maryland
Hello Keith E. I bought the 2014 V 3605 and love every thing about it. Looked at every TH out there and liked the Voltage the best. More room, Best stuff inside and a Bad ass looking TH. Traded my 2008 cedar creek 3602 BHS for it. There are things you are going to have to fix and do your self but that's what owning a trailing is all about. I have not had a trailer that I did not have to do something with. I have a 2014 F 350 6.7 SRW 4door 8 foot bed that I pull and it pulls great, in fact it pulls better then my cedar creek did.

2014 V3605
2014 F350 6.7
2008 Street Glide custom
Bsfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 02:59 PM   #4

California
Sweet, thanks for the info!! It seems the 2015 V-series has closed the gap a bit, making options like the slam latch baggage doors an option. I was out at the dealer again yesterday; they brought it in to the walk through bay like I had already purchased it and I was able to run through all the functions. I am sold, just need to get them to the price I want to pay and I'll pull the trigger. It's funny you mention the fan though as this was something my dad pointed out as missing as well. My 2008 FR Sandstorm, which pretty much just has the basics, has one. I guess there is still a few things that could be added, but i know they try to keep the V-Series lighter.
Old 12-14-2014, 05:18 PM   #5

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithE View Post
Sweet, thanks for the info!! It seems the 2015 V-series has closed the gap a bit, making options like the slam latch baggage doors an option. I was out at the dealer again yesterday; they brought it in to the walk through bay like I had already purchased it and I was able to run through all the functions. I am sold, just need to get them to the price I want to pay and I'll pull the trigger. It's funny you mention the fan though as this was something my dad pointed out as missing as well. My 2008 FR Sandstorm, which pretty much just has the basics, has one. I guess there is still a few things that could be added, but i know they try to keep the V-Series lighter.

We were a few hundred dollars difference from OUR price and the dealers price - so I said OK, give us this and that I forget exactly but I know we did get the topper for the slide and the three vent covers Air Max II - and a few minor things - so remember if you are only off a few hundred - go for add-ons......
Nana & Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 03:29 PM   #6

California
I think I will give the slide topper a go... pretty silly an RV this expensive wouldn't come with one to began with.