Voltage V 3800 Junk - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 01-21-2014, 08:16 AM   #1

California
Voltage V 3800 Junk

I purchased a 2014 Dutchman V 3800 and I've had nothing but problems from dealer installed batteries to slide out that had problems retracting, fresh water gauge wouldn't work ,shower leaked all over bathroom floor ( no caulking) broken vents ,antenna didn't work , burnt out stove top burner and more I've gotten no help from Dutchman customer service and it seems like Dutchman hog ties any service center with all the bull crape that's involved in getting them to ok a repair All these RV dealers want your money and once they get it and you drive off the lot your on your own I made a $80,000. mistake and I thought I did my research , I was so stupid

buckeroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:32 PM   #2

Texas
It sucks to hear that you are having all these problems with something you should be enjoying.

I understand that all trailers have their issues but posts like this are exactly why I am hesitant to buy a new trailer. The one I have has had minor issues but nothing I couldn't either fix myself or wait to take to the dealer (it's only been in twice in the 17 months I've owned it).

I did recently have a slide issue but it seems to have fixed itself because I checked it this past weekend and it worked fine.

What other industry would it be acceptable where a consumer would hesitate to make an upgrade purchase for fear they may be one of the unlucky ones to take ownership of the "Friday build".

soonernation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 04:06 PM   #3

Washington
Don't want to call myself stupid but I too have had nothing but trouble. I wish I had known of this forum before my purchase as this would have kept me away from Dutchmen. I was a little too starry eyed at all the glitz of the Infinity I bought. It's now been in the shop since November 15th and I don't expect it out for at least another couple of months. It went in originally for slide floors. They found more damage from water infiltration and now the whole slides are being replaced and painted. But they have to get approval and parts before any of that can begin. And Dutchmen does nothing but drag it out. The shop wants to strip the roof and replace it but Dutchmen says all those bubbles are perfectly normal. It goes out of warranty this month so everything else will be on me. When it comes out of the shop its going up for sale. Anybody want to buy a barely used Infinity?
Old 01-21-2014, 08:04 PM   #4

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by soonernation View Post
It sucks to hear that you are having all these problems with something you should be enjoying.

I understand that all trailers have their issues but posts like this are exactly why I am hesitant to buy a new trailer. The one I have has had minor issues but nothing I couldn't either fix myself or wait to take to the dealer (it's only been in twice in the 17 months I've owned it).

I did recently have a slide issue but it seems to have fixed itself because I checked it this past weekend and it worked fine.

What other industry would it be acceptable where a consumer would hesitate to make an upgrade purchase for fear they may be one of the unlucky ones to take ownership of the "Friday build".
I believe that the manufacturers bank on people fix things on their own hook.

We have an industry where competition nearly non existent. Thor industries has cornered the market in NA and with no competition from the world market there is no need to change.

The best thing to happen to the NA auto industry from the consumers prospective, was the imports. Until the imports came to NA the fit and finish of the Big 3 was terrible.

It would be interesting to hear from other markets if they have the same issues we have.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:55 PM   #5

California
Ya this whole thing is over the top . But I got a little hope today Sunday night I was on Dutchman web site I wrote a post about all My problems with my RV I wasn't very nice, Then last night I went back on and this time I clicked on there face book page joined face book ( first time) then wrote a message about why doesn't Dutchman stand be hind their product and guess what someone from Dutchman replied back wanting my contact # and vin # so I will keep you all posted we will see what happens next
buckeroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:35 PM   #6

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeroo View Post
Ya this whole thing is over the top . But I got a little hope today Sunday night I was on Dutchman web site I wrote a post about all My problems with my RV I wasn't very nice, Then last night I went back on and this time I clicked on there face book page joined face book ( first time) then wrote a message about why doesn't Dutchman stand be hind their product and guess what someone from Dutchman replied back wanting my contact # and vin # so I will keep you all posted we will see what happens next
It's sad that you have to publicly embarrass a corporation like Dutchmen, to get them to do the right thing.

hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote