Voltage Replacement Panels - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-15-2016, 04:46 PM   #1

Texas
Voltage Replacement Panels

So I got in a fight with a short post in my Voltage V3805, and ripped the dark grey lower trim panel. It's the furthest back panel behind the side door for the garage. The local dealers haven't been much help sourcing one, so I am hoping it's something I can find online. It looks simple enough to replace, just some crappy sheet metal screws holding it in and under the rubber trim strip.

Does anyone have experience purchasing these panels and replacing them?

treypal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 05:25 PM   #2

Wyoming
Try Trekwood...

Trekwood RV Parts - The only place online to purchase Keystone RV Replacement Parts

Enter your info online, then go to the area you need (Metal, Siding)... or just give them a call and let them look it up.

2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 05:39 PM   #3

Oklahoma
Or, take a small sample to your local sheet metal shop and have them order a sheet of it. It most likely is aluminum and will come in a 4x8 sheet. They can cut it to size and bend it if necessary.

The new part can then be vinyl wrapped at your local sign shop.

If you were to order the pre-bent material it would entail paying the price for having a 12 foot section shipped from the factory. It would still have to have the color applied and you would have a lot of waste left over. Shipping would be more than what the wrap and the 8 foot sheet would cost altogether from your local sources.

Been there, done that and have a new quarter panel for my efforts.
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 06:03 PM   #4

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancer 87 View Post
Or, take a small sample to your local sheet metal shop and have them order a sheet of it. It most likely is aluminum and will come in a 4x8 sheet. They can cut it to size and bend it if necessary.

The new part can then be vinyl wrapped at your local sign shop.

If you were to order the pre-bent material it would entail paying the price for having a 12 foot section shipped from the factory. It would still have to have the color applied and you would have a lot of waste left over. Shipping would be more than what the wrap and the 8 foot sheet would cost altogether from your local sources.

Been there, done that and have a new quarter panel for my efforts.
And the moral of the story is always "Shop Local".

First rule of RVing is to know that you bought yourself, a hole in the road that pour money into.

You can find just about every type of material that is used in the construction of an RV, at a local shop and at a significant discount to the RV industry prices.

Metal fab shops, plumbing, heating, electrical departments at the big box stores, etc, can supply construction materials. Local spring and axle shops can supply most running gear components. Local auto parts stores have unending list of parts that are direct replacement to OEM equipement.

You can pour lots of money into that hole in the road and into the RV fat cats bank account or you can support your local economy and keep some of that money in your own pocket.

My bank account sure likes the savings.

When I was a kid I was going nowhere fast, now I'm an old man I'm going everywhere slow.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 06:33 PM   #5

Oklahoma
The 'real' moral of the story is; don't use your RV in a fight with anything stationary.
Do shop local, the RV industry has enough of our money as it is.
Old 03-15-2016, 06:48 PM   #6

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancer 87 View Post
The 'real' moral of the story is; don't use your RV in a fight with anything stationary.
Do shop local, the RV industry has enough of our money as it is.
I consider that a life lesson and if you stop have them you don't grow.

After all if I hadn't had all those life lessons, I never would have learned about all the money I can save.

When I was a kid I was going nowhere fast, now I'm an old man I'm going everywhere slow.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 07:23 PM   #7

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by hddecker View Post
I consider that a life lesson and if you stop have them you don't grow.

After all if I hadn't had all those life lessons, I never would have learned about all the money I can save.
So very true, I really pity the person that can't operate a screwdriver. I had a client once like that, even when I gave him a tutorial he just wasn't interested. That being said I was reduced to taking his propane tank to be filled and stuck back into his grill, among many of the other things I did for him.

So much money to be made
Old 03-15-2016, 08:52 PM   #8

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATCguy View Post
Try Trekwood...

Trekwood RV Parts - The only place online to purchase Keystone RV Replacement Parts

Enter your info online, then go to the area you need (Metal, Siding)... or just give them a call and let them look it up.
Thanks for answering my question. They have the panels.

I also appreciate all the life advice! I'll be sure to look out harder for those "life lessons" next time!!!!!!
treypal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 03:22 AM   #9

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by treypal View Post
So I got in a fight with a short post in my Voltage V3805, and ripped the dark grey lower trim panel. It's the furthest back panel behind the side door for the garage. The local dealers haven't been much help sourcing one, so I am hoping it's something I can find online. It looks simple enough to replace, just some crappy sheet metal screws holding it in and under the rubber trim strip.

Does anyone have experience purchasing these panels and replacing them?
These guys have everything youll need. Im fortunate that there only 20 miles away. And great customer service.

Interstate RV Metal & Supply

WMac is offline   Reply With Quote