Voltage ladder bracket - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2017, 12:27 PM   #1

Washington
Voltage ladder bracket

I somehow managed to bend the heck out of the rear, lower ladder bracket on my 3305. Not sure if I hit something or something hit me, but neither my wife nor I recall ever getting close enough to anything to have this happen. (Now, I've dragged the rear bumper enough to notice!)

Nonetheless, the bracket is bent rearward significantly and I need to remove and replace it. Does anyone know how manufactures this ladder assembly or the brackets? These are the brackets that pivot up to stow the ladder against the body.
Thanks!

The Cramblersons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 12:42 PM   #2

I also bent mine coming out of a RV park. It was a sloping hill and a turn all in one. It bent my ladder brackets on the ladder but not the brackets mounting to the box as the ladder scrapped itself into the dirt hill. I had to put larger diameter screws into the brackets that screw to the box.. The ladder itself i had to straighten out to make them fit again..
I think you will see the ladder is bent not the brackets that screw to the box. they are made of pot aluminum and will probably break before bending.

Tanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 06:15 PM   #3

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanman View Post
I also bent mine coming out of a RV park. It was a sloping hill and a turn all in one. It bent my ladder brackets on the ladder but not the brackets mounting to the box as the ladder scrapped itself into the dirt hill. I had to put larger diameter screws into the brackets that screw to the box.. The ladder itself i had to straighten out to make them fit again..
I think you will see the ladder is bent not the brackets that screw to the box. they are made of pot aluminum and will probably break before bending.
Thanks. I am talking about the roof ladder mounted to the side of the trailer, not the steps.
The Cramblersons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 07:37 PM   #4

Wyoming
I may be wrong... but i think you 2 are both talking about roof ladders... but different types.

In 2015 (maybe before on some models?) Voltages began appearing with roof ladders that... instead of the removable type that simply "plug in" to round mounts on the body, were permanently attached, and folded flat against the rig when not being used.

We tend to think of most items being the same on our rigs from year to year, but they sometimes change. This is why most of us find it helpful to include our year, make, and model rigs in our permanent signature lines here... along with our tow vehicle, toys, etc. Confusion sometimes still happens, but less often.

Just some random thoughts...
2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 12:39 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATCguy View Post
I may be wrong... but i think you 2 are both talking about roof ladders... but different types.

In 2015 (maybe before on some models?) Voltages began appearing with roof ladders that... instead of the removable type that simply "plug in" to round mounts on the body, were permanently attached, and folded flat against the rig when not being used.

We tend to think of most items being the same on our rigs from year to year, but they sometimes change. This is why most of us find it helpful to include our year, make, and model rigs in our permanent signature lines here... along with our tow vehicle, toys, etc. Confusion sometimes still happens, but less often.

Just some random thoughts...
your exactly right.. I am talking about the ladder on the side rear not the steps.. If it bent its probably the ladder and not the brackets..just my guess without seeing it..never the less,,,i was successful in straightening out my ladder and reattaching the brackets..I still climb my ladder with the rounded body..my wife cringes...
Tanman is offline   Reply With Quote