Voltage kitchen gray tank dump valve location? - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 02-28-2021, 10:43 PM   #1

Washington
Voltage kitchen gray tank dump valve location?

My kitchen gray tank dump valve handle is STUCK closed! It won't budge at all. This is on a Voltage 3305. The valve handle sits about 12" behind the main dump outlet but the cable goes straight into the underside cover right behind the handle. Does anyone know where the dump valve is located so I can cut a patch and take a look inside?
Any other ideas how ti "unstick it" would be helpful too. I didn't believe it's frozen as the other gray and black tank valves are fine and it's been above freezing here for most of the day. It was cold overnight but yesterday was also well above freezing.

Thanks!

Old 03-07-2021, 10:43 AM   #2

Oklahoma
Following. 3805 voltage similar issue

okieriverboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 11:08 AM   #3

Oklahoma
All of the cable manufacturers ship these dump cables “dry” which causes them to eventually bind up.

Go on Amazon and order one of these cable lubers. I would try this first to unstick the cable and then do all the cables. Lubing them every 3 years is all that’s needed.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0012TYX9W...Y10HR2VN8FZDHC

You hook up the luber right behind the pull handle, insert the straw from a can of WD-40 or equivalent, and then dispense the WD-40 throughout the cable for about 5 seconds. Use a fresh can to get maximum pressure. The cables on the Voltages are about 6 feet long. Gently try and move the pull cable in and out to work the fluid into the bind and see if it works
elfaqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 04:08 PM   #4

Washington
Interesting gadget. The back side of the handle looks like a sealed barrel and then it transitions to the teflon sleeve. So I don;t see how any lube would get into the assembly without having the handle pulled out (even slightly).
Nonetheless, I dropped my rig off at the service center for a few other things, so I guess I'll see what they conclude. Then again, the Service Manager called me and asked where the handle location was for the kitchen grey tank. So I am already nervous.
Old 03-07-2021, 04:47 PM   #5

Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cramblersons View Post
...Then again, the Service Manager called me and asked where the handle location was for the kitchen grey tank. So I am already nervous.
Wow...
2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote