Voltage 3605 fresh water tank filling too fast - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 07-21-2017, 03:11 AM   #1

Arkansas
Voltage 3605 fresh water tank filling too fast

I picked up my new Voltage 3605 a couple weeks ago it had water in it when we picked it up when I got it home I topped it off it only took 27 gallons figured wow there was alot in it when we picked it up so we used it as normal till empty today it went empty so to double check capacity (Dutchmen) says it's 96 gallons I drained the fresh water tank drains then proceeded to refill it it took 28 gallons measured by the same meter I used with my last rv and it pouring back out the fill hole ? 28 gallons that can't be right has anyone else experienced this? Was something blocked ? Time to get into the under belly and see what's up I geuss

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

scottxpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 03:18 AM   #2

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottxpc View Post
I picked up my new Voltage 3605 a couple weeks ago it had water in it when we picked it up when I got it home I topped it off it only took 27 gallons figured wow there was alot in it when we picked it up so we used it as normal till empty today it went empty so to double check capacity (Dutchmen) says it's 96 gallons I drained the fresh water tank drains then proceeded to refill it it took 28 gallons measured by the same meter I used with my last rv and it pouring back out the fill hole ? 28 gallons that can't be right has anyone else experienced this? Was something blocked ? Time to get into the under belly and see what's up I geuss

I had a similar issue. I had to take it to the dealer for other warranty work so I had them fix that too. They said that the hose that was not supported well enough. The support in the middle of the hose was making a double droop and that it was acting like a pee trap. I still haven't been able to confirm that it was fixed but that was what they said.

Others have said that the hose was too long and they removed the bolts to the fill port and shortened the hose and reinstalled.

Best of luck.

Old 07-21-2017, 03:20 AM   #3

Arkansas
I figured it was something like that I will dig in there myself and check it out thanks

Old 07-21-2017, 10:16 AM   #4

Florida
Many times this problem is caused by the vent line being too low. It must go up in order to prevent water from filling the vent line.
Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 09:12 PM   #5

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom View Post
Many times this problem is caused by the vent line being too low. It must go up in order to prevent water from filling the vent line.
Exactly.

I have a pipe that I blow into pressed up against the vent outlet. That pushes the water in the vent line back into the tank then you can feel / hear the trapped air rush out.
joebedford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 10:19 PM   #6

Arkansas
Opened it up today both the fill Hose and the vent line were laying all the way to the bottom on the under belly then had to go up to get to the tank tied them up to the bottom of the floor now it works as it should

Old 07-22-2017, 02:53 AM   #7

Colorado
Up until now, since I have the belly cover off, I use a hose to blow air into the vent hole next to the fill neck when filling the tank. It usually clears the water out of vent hose and allows the tank to completely fill.

bkuuz1 is offline   Reply With Quote