Voltage 3600 Issues - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 05-28-2015, 03:55 AM   #1

North Carolina
Voltage 3600 Issues

I am looking at buying at 2013 Voltage 3600 Toy Hauler. but I have heard from two owners who have had issues with the large pop-out, specifically with the track getting stuck. I want to know if this is a generic problem that a lot of these Voltages have.
Also is there anywhere I can find reviews of this model (2013 Voltage 3600)?

Thanks

sammybenjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 09:16 PM   #2

Illinois
We have a 2015 3800 with the newer cable slides and no problems yet... i heard that you might have to re-sync the motors on the schwintec slides due to them skipping a tooth... I'm sure someone on here has more experience than myself.

Old 05-31-2015, 09:34 PM   #3

Wyoming
Sammy.... there have been some owners with problems, a few of them here on this board. Personally, (knock on wood), I've had mine for 2 years now and not a single issue. It really is a pretty simple system that should work as advertised.

Although I'm certainly no expert on the subject, I personally think the majority of problems that occur are caused by one of 2 reasons:

1) Opening and/or closing the slide when the unit is not level. or...
2) Improper initial assembly/installation at the factory... that either manifests itself pretty quickly, or becomes apparent only after other components settle, shift, flex, or get worn with use.

The cure for the first is easy... don't open or close the slide when not level. As for the 2nd... well, that's not something the user can foresee.

I have no idea what the percentage numbers are, but there has to be a reason why Dutchmen has evidently stopped using it. It could be the initial cost per unit has gone too high as to be competitive... or it could be that the cost of warranty repairs for the system is costing them too much. Only they know, but it would be good information for prospective buyers.
2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 02:45 AM   #4

Louisiana
2013 Voltage 3600 owner here and no problems at all with the slides. I think if you follow a few rules it greatly reduces your chances of slide issues.

1. ONLY operate slides when camper is level
2. Only operate slides while under shore power or generator
3. Regularly lubricate slides according to Lippert's instructional video

That's it. Those are the rules I follow and I have never had an issue with either slide.
Old 06-01-2015, 02:51 AM   #5

Arizona
One of the rollers failed on our main slide. Once our main slide was rebuilt we haven't had any problems with it. As I've said before I would never buy another Schwintek equipped rv. From what I've learned it's a matter of the quality of the installation at the factory. I would stick to hydraulic slides.
azdryheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 02:56 AM   #6

Arizona
One other thing regarding the reviews - most of us have reviewed the Voltage line to death, lol. Lots of info on this forum, much better than you would ever get in a magazine. Ex: You can read how we've had to pull the middle A/C and redo the taping in the ducts, etc.
azdryheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 06:28 PM   #7

Oklahoma
*SammyBenjamin: I own a 2012 V3600. I am very happy with mine, although I am having a slight problem with the bedroom slide right now. The rollers on bottom of the slide are wearing through the wood, and cause the track to be slightly out of alignment. This was causing one of the tracks to slip and making it almost impossible to operate. I called my dealer and they said this is an easy fix with some adjustments. I have asked them to re-enforce the bottom surface where the rollers darg across the bottom of the box to prevent it from tearing up the wood again. I am crossing my fingers that this works. It has been in the shop for a couple days. I will keep you posted how it turns out. They have always done good work.

I also concur with the suggestions mentioned above:
1.) only operate slides when LEVEL!
2.) operate with shore power, or generator (not just your 12v)
3.) once you start slide operation, go ALL the way out, or ALL the way in. Do not stop in the middle.
4.) Lube the tracks as suggested by manufacture for maintenance.

Despite this issue.... we LOVE our Voltage and I would still buy one and/or recomend it.
Good luck!

2000 Kawasaki Prairie 4x4
cvining is offline   Reply With Quote