Voltage 3200 main A/C repaired - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 02-26-2020, 12:15 AM   #1

Alabama
Voltage 3200 main A/C repaired

Well the weather was nice over the weekend so I got on the roof to pull out my main A/C to tape up the duct work. We bought toyhauler used last summer and the bedroom air works great but the main A/C was less than desirable to say the least. I taped up the ducts under the AC unit after I pulled it out. What I found while looking at the seal on the bottom of the AC was unbelievable.....
If you look at the picture of the bottom of the AC you will notice the the part of the seal that goes between the cold air duct and the return duct was not lined up at all with the cut out on the roof so my AC unit was chasing its tail just circulating the hot and cold air in a circle.... 😔. “The large hole on the AC is the return and the small is the cold air. Now the small hole on the roof is the return and the large hole is the cold air”. I finished up the taping of the ducts and moved the gasket on the bottom of the AC went down in the trailer turned the fan on and what do you know it blew saw dust all over the place. I could actually feel air blowing all over the cabin. I know I improved my AC 100%.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	390FB131-3BFC-48B2-8FF3-8FC0DDE4E4C4.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	6160   Click image for larger version

Name:	8569D107-EE9E-4F9C-AB5C-77B8D4459610.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	6161  

cdesero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 12:35 AM   #2

Arizona
Factory didn't clean the sawdust out of mine prior to sealing with the metal tape.

azdryheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 12:46 AM   #3

Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdryheat View Post
Factory didn't clean the sawdust out of mine prior to sealing with the metal tape.
The factory QC is very very very subpar. I don’t know how a unit gets out of the factory without blowing ANY air from the ducted AC. I mean zero air flow. ��
Old 02-29-2020, 10:34 AM   #4

Florida
When we got our voltage before pu we had ACs changed to penguin 2 low profiles after much reading I took down ducted air vents they were not sealed I sealed them I also pulled distribution covers off both ACs and those were not sealed very well and leaking water from main seal pulled AC units found they did not use new seal when units were replaced at (cw)we replaced with new seals and used leveling compound and reinstalled units we redid the aluminum tape to seal them got some sound deadening material from stereo shop about 3 square ft and cut to make a smoother transition into ductwork and on sides I also cut some one inch wide strips for inside of covers to get rid of rattles all is good now. if we didn’t have to pull units taping vents and sound deadening only took a few hours. No more leaks and quieter units All our best FLA
Ovalvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 03:26 PM   #5

Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovalvw View Post
When we got our voltage before pu we had ACs changed to penguin 2 low profiles after much reading I took down ducted air vents they were not sealed I sealed them I also pulled distribution covers off both ACs and those were not sealed very well and leaking water from main seal pulled AC units found they did not use new seal when units were replaced at (cw)we replaced with new seals and used leveling compound and reinstalled units we redid the aluminum tape to seal them got some sound deadening material from stereo shop about 3 square ft and cut to make a smoother transition into ductwork and on sides I also cut some one inch wide strips for inside of covers to get rid of rattles all is good now. if we didn’t have to pull units taping vents and sound deadening only took a few hours. No more leaks and quieter units All our best FLA
I will be pulling my AC off the roof again in the summer. I would like to do as you did and form some transition pieces from the bot to the duct work.
Old 02-29-2020, 05:37 PM   #6

Florida
Home Depot sells pink foam insulation in 2x2 squares that can easily cut and shaped to make the transition where the air comes down onto dump vents then into ducting I then used the sound deadening material over that And took out all the sharp angles making it a smooth transition All our best FlA
Ovalvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 09:29 PM   #7

New Mexico
Couple of questions;
1. Did you have to adjust the divider since the holes were different sizes? Or just the seals?
2. How does it attach to the roof since there is no sandwiching function? I'm assuming it bolts to the roof, but I haven't pulled mine yet.

BTW, I did the RV Airduct product on the front and resealed everything on that unit! HOLY WOW!!! blew sawdust for sure!
Old 08-05-2021, 12:18 PM   #8

Arizona
I imagine like most things with low pay ( heck even high pay),,, it is like I heard when I bought a new home,,, " I cant see it from my house" sad but true...

rich2481 is offline   Reply With Quote