V3605 Front Cap LED’s - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 04-15-2019, 11:08 AM   #1

Georgia
V3605 Front Cap LED’s

Has anybody replaced their front cap LED lights. Mine have gone out in a few places and the protective coating has been deteriorating. Mine are the blue and are two separate strips. The picture attached is not the best ,

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	770FAE52-9C0F-4146-BE91-6BE387D5624D.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	5362  

Middlesb4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 11:43 AM   #2

Arkansas
Yes you can buy that blue led strip on Amazon about $8 for 16ft cut it to the length needed

scottxpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 04:40 PM   #3

Tennessee
I wouldn't buy anything that isn't IP68 (full waterproof) rated, unless you like replacing them every 2 years. I recently replaced my awning light with a kit from RecPro and it looks great, the quality of the lights is excellent and it's an easy install.

I also need to replace my front cap lights and called the company about using the same kit... Although the led strip has 3m tape on it , they won't warranty just sticking them on the nose like the factory did, they provide a channel it snaps into for awning installations. She did say that it would work just fine without the channel, just no warranty. They are more than the cheap led strips, but they look amazing and should outlast them by many years.
Old 04-15-2019, 07:08 PM   #4

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwest450 View Post
I wouldn't buy anything that isn't IP68 (full waterproof) rated, unless you like replacing them every 2 years. I recently replaced my awning light with a kit from RecPro and it looks great, the quality of the lights is excellent and it's an easy install.

I also need to replace my front cap lights and called the company about using the same kit... Although the led strip has 3m tape on it , they won't warranty just sticking them on the nose like the factory did, they provide a channel it snaps into for awning installations. She did say that it would work just fine without the channel, just no warranty. They are more than the cheap led strips, but they look amazing and should outlast them by many years.
Warranty?????
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 09:23 PM   #5

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by franktafl View Post
Warranty?????
They money back warranty everything they sell for 30 days, not sure on specific details for the lighting.
Old 04-16-2019, 10:24 AM   #6

Georgia
Thanks for the info, forgot to add it is a 15’ my only big concern is how they wired them from the lights to the switch in the basement, since they have the utmost care of quality control

Middlesb4 is offline   Reply With Quote