TV Installation - 2017 Voltage 3005 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 05-16-2022, 06:54 PM   #1

Texas
TV Installation - 2017 Voltage 3005

Hi everyone. I have a dilemma I could use some help with. I have a 2017 Voltage 3005 and I would like to install a TV in the bedroom and the garage. The problem is I cannot find the backing plate in either location. I tried using an extendable magnet (like you use to pick-up dropped bolts, nuts, etc. in the engine bay) and found nothing.
The walls in question, for both, are interior walls. They do not mount to an exterior wall so I assume there are no aluminum studs.
Any ideas or has anyone run across anything like this before? The two stickers for the "Mounting Bracket Location" are way up in the upper left hand corner of the walls (for both the bedroom as well as the garage). If the plate is really there I won't be able to fit a very large TV in either spot since there is minimal clearance from one side wall, and minimal clearance from the roof. I am estimating maybe a 24" TV in both spots.
I have attached a few picture showing where the "Mounting Bracket Location" sticker are located.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220515_085124.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	7392   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220515_085201.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	7393   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220515_085221.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	7394   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220515_090953.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	7395   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220515_091015.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	7396  

rlpatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 01:08 AM   #2

California
I have a 3305 and mounted TV’s in both locations.

Ignore the stickers. They might be correct but likely just in a random place.

Use a stud finder and use a bracket that can mount onto a stud with two bolts/wood screws.

For the bedroom make sure you measure the pocket door into the bathroom (assuming you have one and it is similar to mine) width so that you don’t put the wood screw in a location that will not allow the door to open all the way. I have a smallish LCD that was really easy to mount and I also put a strap like the one on the big tv over the fireplace so I could latch it while traveling.

For the garage I installed a 42” I think. And that took a bigger mount that I spread across two studs horizontally.

If you have ever used a stud finder then it will be easy. If you haven’t then I am sure some YouTube videos exist that will show you how. Remember the stud finder identifies the edge of the stud so you need to approach it from both sides then you can drill in the middle.

This should be a pretty easy job. Again, the stickers are useless so just ignore them.

Old 05-21-2022, 09:14 PM   #3

Oregon
What is on the other side of the interior wall?

If there is no pocket door in the wall, you can attach through the mounting bracket with machine screws, oversized washers against both walls, nuts, and maybe lock washers or lock nuts.

Hang something on the backside? Caps, jackets, art, ….

You can put in a 55 inch TV!
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote