Tub has no faucet or drain stopper - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 05-06-2015, 04:59 PM   #1

New York
Tub has no faucet or drain stopper

I thought this was odd. We used our new 2015 3970 for the first time a few weeks ago. I decided I wanted to take a bath. I couldn't figure out how to stopper the drain. Contacted my trusty PDI tech and he informed me that there was no drain stopper. Also, there is no faucet...just the shower head. Why bother putting a tub in the Camper if you can't take a bath? I went to the hardware store and bought a 5" rubber drain stopper pad. It worked great. Needed to fill tub with shower head dangling in the tub. Then....I discoverd that I could not fill the tub up to my neck with warm water because the 10gal hot water tank was not big enough. Needless to say, my first bath didn't go all that well. Maybe next time I'll boil a pot of water also!

Fandamly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 05:54 PM   #2

Oklahoma
No words for this SNAFU.

I wonder though if a residential waste drain and overflow set up couldn't be retro fitted to your tub? That still doesn't address the lack of hot water though.

Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 12:55 AM   #3

South Carolina
We have a tub and shower with our 6 gal water heater! Figure it is either for cool baths or for just foot baths. Boiling water on the stove (or today in the microwave) is an old school, but effective, solution.
MartyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 01:14 AM   #4

Missouri
I have no input on this since I have a shower only. However I find this quiet humorous.. I would have never thought about the size of the water heater and taking a bath.. Learn something new every day!

2014 Denali 289RK
2017 Nissan Titan XD Pro-4X CC.
EricNSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 01:27 AM   #5

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricNSTL View Post
I have no input on this since I have a shower only. However I find this quiet humorous.. I would have never thought about the size of the water heater and taking a bath.. Learn something new every day!
Engineering, whaaaaat?
Old 05-07-2015, 02:55 PM   #6

Oklahoma
Maybe use the tub to ice down your beer instead of bathing? I have found quite a few things in my V3600 that do not make any sense at all too. Example... no light swithes on wall near door. You have to open up climb stairs in the dark feel your way to the cabinet, open cabinet door, feel around on panel then turn on a light! Another example... they put DVD and surround sound inside cabinet. You can not use the remote without walking over and opening the cabinet under TV to get line-of-site to device. I think on the newer models they changed that. Dont get me wrong though, we LOVE our Voltage and have a blast in it. It has more features than we can imagine. Some things are just funny and you wonder who thought through them during design?
2000 Kawasaki Prairie 4x4
cvining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 05:39 PM   #7

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvining View Post
Maybe use the tub to ice down your beer instead of bathing? I have found quite a few things in my V3600 that do not make any sense at all too. Example... no light swithes on wall near door. You have to open up climb stairs in the dark feel your way to the cabinet, open cabinet door, feel around on panel then turn on a light! Another example... they put DVD and surround sound inside cabinet. You can not use the remote without walking over and opening the cabinet under TV to get line-of-site to device. I think on the newer models they changed that. Dont get me wrong though, we LOVE our Voltage and have a blast in it. It has more features than we can imagine. Some things are just funny and you wonder who thought through them during design?
Those little PITAs can be easily overcome. A simple motion controlled outside light works perfect on those dark nights. I have two of these Amazon.com: Mr. Beams MB371 Remote Controlled Battery-Powered Motion-Sensing LED Outdoor Security Spotlight: Home Improvement.

Regarding the need to open the cabinet door for remote control is another easy, cheap fix. I use something like this http://www.amazon.com/Infrared-Exten...ds=ir+extender.

I also have a motion controlled light bar in the switch control panel, no need to fumble around for the right switch.