Troubleshoot Front curbside exterior light - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 01-05-2017, 01:54 AM   #1

Florida
Troubleshoot Front curbside exterior light

2014 Voltage 3200, the front curbside exterior light doesn't work. The bulb is good but no power when testing with a multi-meter. The light switch on the LCI remote has never worked and I also have a large rocker switch just below the thermostat that has never operated anything. I have tested the light switch on the LCI remote while standing near the receiver in the generator compartment and it does click when operated. Does anyone know how to trace the wires back to the switch so I can troubleshoot the problem?

vchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 02:08 AM   #2

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by vchris View Post
2014 Voltage 3200, the front curbside exterior light doesn't work. The bulb is good but no power when testing with a multi-meter. The light switch on the LCI remote has never worked and I also have a large rocker switch just below the thermostat that has never operated anything. I have tested the light switch on the LCI remote while standing near the receiver in the generator compartment and it does click when operated. Does anyone know how to trace the wires back to the switch so I can troubleshoot the problem?

There is a switch in the cabinet as well labeled security... it should be the first one..and the only light my remote works is the front security light.. but it's on the home screen when you wake up the remote... no other light function works...I checked the receiver center and it's only wired for 5 functions, light, awning, slide1, slide 2, slide3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ANDERSON ULTIMATE FIFTH WHEEL CONECTION
Nate42379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 02:32 AM   #3

Florida
Thanks Nate, the switch labeled Security only operates the exterior light on the Slide side over the door for the hook ups. I think the LCI remote light switch is suppose to operate the curbside exterior light near the bedroom window. This is the light that isn't working and never has. I believe there is a pinched or broken wire and I'm just trying to figure out how to get to or trace the wiring back to the controller. I really have no idea what the large rocker switch under the thermostat is suppose to do and neither did the dealer where I purchased the unit used.
Old 01-05-2017, 02:59 AM   #4

Florida
Whoa that is weird...pull the switch and see if power to switch?.. then jump it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ANDERSON ULTIMATE FIFTH WHEEL CONECTION
Nate42379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 10:36 AM   #5

Florida
On my 3950, that switch under t-stat operated the security light on the drivers side. Took me about 4 months to find out what it was for.
Once I did figure it out, I did some rewiring and made that switch turn on the puck light right inside the front door so I could quickly turn on a light upon entering without fiddling inside the light panel.
Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 12:13 PM   #6

Florida
I've had my wife turn the switch on and off while walking around the trailer and can't find anything happening. Is the same light wired to the security switch in the panel on your unit as well?
Old 01-05-2017, 02:56 PM   #7

Ohio
On mine the switch under the thermostat works my led strip lighting under the awning. My curbside security light is operated by a switch in the main panel. I know this doesn't help in the way of finding the wiring but shows how consistent Dutchmen is with these things.

2013- F-350 White Platinum DRW.
nonsense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 03:03 PM   #8

Florida
Thanks, it's good to know how things should be. My LED lights under the awning never worked either and I ended up replacing them and wiring them to another switch. If this switch actually intended for the LED lights on mine, I can possibly repurpose the switch to something else.
Old 01-05-2017, 03:55 PM   #9

Illinois
Check the switches in the basement on the passenger side.
Rusty
2005 Harley Ultra Classic w/too many miles
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 09:44 AM   #10

Michigan
That light on mine is operated with the remote.

donzinger is offline   Reply With Quote