Triton 3551 Black & Grey? - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-11-2021, 05:06 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Petaluma
Posts: 56
California
Triton 3551 Black & Grey?

Can anyone tell how the tanks are set up on the bath and a half? Meaning how are the 84 gallons each split amongst the 1/2 bath, galley and front bath?

Thanks
__________________

Eric H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 09:11 PM   #2
Member
 
hognuts1960's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Liberty Hill
Posts: 33
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric H. View Post
Can anyone tell how the tanks are set up on the bath and a half? Meaning how are the 84 gallons each split amongst the 1/2 bath, galley and front bath?



Thanks
1/2 bath sink water goes into rear black tank. Kitchen gray into it's own. Shower into it's own and master crapper into it's own black.
We have a 2020 3551 .
__________________

hognuts1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 09:14 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Petaluma
Posts: 56
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by hognuts1960 View Post
1/2 bath sink water goes into rear black tank. Kitchen gray into it's own. Shower into it's own and master crapper into it's own black.
We have a 2020 3551 .
Thanks, do you know which gray drains at the front drain and which gray drains at the rear? I'm guessing the galley drains at the rear but just checking.
Eric H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 09:22 PM   #4
Member
 
hognuts1960's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Liberty Hill
Posts: 33
Texas
The shower and kitchen sink gray both drain at the front. They have separate put handles. The shower gray release behind the panel door and the kitchen sink pull under by the rear wheel. There is a label on or near the wheel skirt for pull handle location.
hognuts1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 09:28 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Petaluma
Posts: 56
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by hognuts1960 View Post
The shower and kitchen sink gray both drain at the front. They have separate put handles. The shower gray release behind the panel door and the kitchen sink pull under by the rear wheel. There is a label on or near the wheel skirt for pull handle location.
My 2019 does not have handles behind the panel door. The only controls in the pass through behind the door is the auto level. All city connections are on the exterior of the 2019. I have 2 pull handles behind the skirt in the front (B & G) and 2 pull handles behind the skirt at the rear (B & G).
Eric H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 09:36 PM   #6
Member
 
hognuts1960's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Liberty Hill
Posts: 33
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric H. View Post
My 2019 does not have handles behind the panel door. The only controls in the pass through behind the door is the auto level. All city connections are on the exterior of the 2019. I have 2 pull handles behind the skirt in the front (B & G) and 2 pull handles behind the skirt at the rear (B & G).
Hmmm. I would hook up both drains to a y fitting and clear at each drain fitting on the RV. When you pull the rear gray release you can watch which drain is flowing.
.
hognuts1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 10:06 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Petaluma
Posts: 56
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by hognuts1960 View Post
Hmmm. I would hook up both drains to a y fitting and clear at each drain fitting on the RV. When you pull the rear gray release you can watch which drain is flowing.
.
Thanks. If I get curious enough I might put some different color food coloring in each gray tank before I drain them and watch the elbow. Funny thing is, I have zero desire to watch the contents go through and the only reason I have a clear elbow now is because our "new to us" rig came with it. I've been filling and draining RV waste tanks for 25 years and never even had an end on the hose much less a clear one. I have black tank flush valves now but doubt I'll use them.
Eric H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 10:20 PM   #8
Member
 
hognuts1960's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Liberty Hill
Posts: 33
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric H. View Post
Thanks. If I get curious enough I might put some different color food coloring in each gray tank before I drain them and watch the elbow. Funny thing is, I have zero desire to watch the contents go through and the only reason I have a clear elbow now is because our "new to us" rig came with it. I've been filling and draining RV waste tanks for 25 years and never even had an end on the hose much less a clear one. I have black tank flush valves now but doubt I'll use them.
hognuts1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 10:34 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Petaluma
Posts: 56
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by hognuts1960 View Post
Maybe I've just been lucky but I've never had an issue with odors or bad tank sensor readings. We make sure to use plenty of water and we've also never "hooked up" at a camp ground so the tanks always get stirred up good before draining. Thanksgiving will be the first time we've stayed at a campground with full hook ups where I didn't have people waiting behind me for the dump station.
Eric H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 09:13 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Petaluma
Posts: 56
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by hognuts1960 View Post
The shower and kitchen sink gray both drain at the front. They have separate put handles. The shower gray release behind the panel door and the kitchen sink pull under by the rear wheel. There is a label on or near the wheel skirt for pull handle location.
You were right about the rear gray handle draining the Galley at the front valve. I didn't quite pick up on what you were saying until after draining them last Friday and re-reading your post. I hooked up to the front drain, pulled black & then gray at the front pull handles only. Then I pulled forward, hooked up the the rear drain, pulled the rear black handle=OK and then pulled the rear gray handle. I heard noises like water moving but nothing came out the hose lol. So luckily the original owner installed a second pull valve at each drain outlet so the pipe is full of galley gray but just like my old rig, it's behind the secondary pull valve right at the dump. The Septic tank truck was waiting behind me at the time so I didn't back up and drain the front again. Will be out for Thanksgiving with hook ups for the first time in 25 years so I'll drain it then.
__________________

Eric H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Dutchmen RV or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2020 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.
×